Beginning of Summer

So last chapter was..long. Guess who you guys get to meet in this chapter? Just kidding, you probably can't guess haha Let's just see then!

Leave comments/questions/etc

Happy reading!

9| beginning of the summer

The next few days after the inspection were uneventful. Lizzie came home the day after full of energy and questions. She had reached the point of no longer feeling shy around Tom and it became a game of sorts for her to see how much she could get him to speak. Ava was completely amused by her sister's antics, knowing Tom was a reserved person. He would answer silly questions she would ask him and that only egged her on. Lizzie was determined to make Tom come out of his shell and wasn't backing down anytime soon. To make matters worse, the weather had been damp and chilly so far and Lizzie was going mad from being stuck inside the house. A day wouldn't go by without her asking Ava to take her on an adventure-to where, no one knows. While Ava enjoyed reading as much as Tom did, she too was becoming restless from doing the same thing. The one problem was convincing Tom to do something fun.

Ava was sketching in a notepad while Tom was, once again, reading. Lizzie was sitting upside down in the twin chair to the one Tom occupied. She was starring at him to see how long it would take him to notice her. She didn't realize like Ava did that Tom knew she was there but he was ignoring her. Every time he would move in the slightest or churn the page without glancing her way, Lizzie would huff loudly. After the fifth time of her doing that, Ava did notice Tom's mouth twitch. It was a battle of patience now, one her sister had no hope of winning. Ava was starting to believe Tom was waiting for Lizzie to move on to something else before acknowledging her. She wouldn't expect any differently, since she would do the same.

"Aaaavaaaa." Lizzie was now sitting with her upper body hanging off the arm rest. Ava looked at Lizze as soon as she stopped dragging out her name. "Ava"

"What?"

"Can we please do something? I'm sooo bored!"

Ava just stared at Lizzie, taking a minute to control the oncoming giggles. "What do you want to do then?"

"I don't know." Lizzie ended this statement with an overdramatic sigh.

"Well then I don't really know what to tell you kiddo."

Lizzie groaned and let her arms slump at her sides. "But you should."

Ava glanced at Tom who was watching their interaction and had a slight look of amusement on his face. He raised an eyebrow at Ava, silently asking her what she would say. Ava rolled her eyes, "why don't you come up with something."

"But that's too much work."

Ava just shook her head at her sister. "Then I guess we're just going to sit in here and do nothing." She hid her smile when her sister glared at her. "Maybe Tom has some ideas."

Lizzie gasped and bolted upright in the chair. She stared at Tom with wide eyes, "Do you know what we could do Tom?"

Tom looked a little startled by Lizzie's abruptness, but answered. "I'm not sure myself. What do you like to do?"

Lizzie pursed her lips and sat thinking for a minute before answering. "A lot of things, but it's raining so we can't do any of it." She continued just as Tom opened his mouth, "and no, we can't just sit and read boring books."

Ava couldn't hold in her laugh at that point. Tom was at a loss for words and watched Ava bend over, placing her face in her hands with her elbows resting on her legs. Her body shook with her laughter but she composed herself quickly after. She shot Tom an apologetic smile.