Return to Hogwarts

Y'all, ask me some questions about these two, pleeeease!

Also, get ready for some crazy sh*t now that we're back at Hogwarts 🤭

✌🏻

Listen: Without You by Alexandre Desplat

23| return to hogwarts

It was warm and sunny, strange for the time of year in Scotland. Many students were spread around the school grounds enjoying the unusual weather. Ava, Mia, and Liam were sitting near the lake doing various things. Ava was leaning against a tree looking around, Mia was sitting across from her reading a book on unknown magic, and Liam was laying in the grass with his eyes closed.

Ava was lost in her thoughts watching the birds flying over the lake when Mia looked at her suddenly. "Do you believe in soulmates?"

Ava was stuck on what to say for a moment. "I guess I don't really know. What brought that up?"

Mia shrugged, "I just read about how soulmates are an unconsidered form of powerful magic. Apparently it could be a real thing." She went back to the section she read, "it says souls can sometimes have a match, or mate, and when a soul finds it, extraordinary events can occur. These can include anything from healing to protection." She stopped reading again and looked back to Ava. "Sounds pretty interesting."

"It could be, if it is real," Ava said. She laughed when Mia looked disappointed. "I just don't know how to feel about it."

"Sounds like a load of rubbish if you ask me."

Mia rolled her eyes at Liam. "Of course you would say that. You don't believe in anything romantic."

Liam just threw his hands up and placed them across his chest. "What's so romantic about your soul matching another persons? Sounds kind of creepy."

As Mia and Liam continued to bicker, Ava glanced up again at the lake. She was startled when a breeze blew her hair from behind her and she heard her name being called. She recognized the voice, "Ava."

She opened her eyes and sat up from where she was leaning against the window. Tom was standing above her with his hand out. He was trying to wake her up.

"The trolley is going by so I thought you might want something."

"Has it been that long already?" Ava brushed her hand through her hair as she sat up. She looked out the window to see endless grass and hills. "How long have I been asleep?"

"I would guess close to an hour," Tom said with a shrug. He returned back to his own seat and looked out the compartment window. The trolley cart was now in sight just a compartment down from them.

Ava sighed, "I'm sorry for just falling asleep like that." She was still reeling from her dream, or memory she should say. Why would she dream about that conversation?

Tom studied her in confusion when he noticed Ava had gotten lost in her thoughts. "Is everything alright? You seem dazed."

"Oh, do I?" Ava placed her head in her hands for a few seconds to gather herself. She looked up at Tom and smiled slightly, "guess I'm not fully awake yet. I had an odd dream."