The Pier

Finally back! I've been working on past chapters so that's been taking time away from this..oops

Anyways, on with the next part

Listen to: inside the case-fantastic beasts and where to find them soundtrack

12| the pier

Following to where Ava was pointing, their destination came into Tom's sight. It was a long strip of small buildings on a dock perched over the water. Everything was white and blue with little lights lining the sides.

Ava bit her lip and watched Tom's reaction "so, what do you think?"

"It seems interesting, I suppose." Tom watched as people went onto the dock. "Nothing like I've been to before really."

"Well, hopefully, that will be a good thing."

"Perhaps."

Ava turned around to continue walking while Tom continued to study the area. He heard a throat clear behind him, breaking his concentration. Slightly glancing behind himself, Tom followed after Ava. By the time he reached her, Ava managed to catch Lizzie.

Ava was leaning down to Lizzie speaking in a quiet voice. "What did mom tell you?"

Lizzie looked down and played with one of her sleeves. "She said to stay close to you and Tom."

Nodding, Ava gently grabbed Lizzie's hand to stop her fidgeting. "Right. So where should you be while we're here?"

Lizzie huffed, "next to you?"

Ava couldn't help the small smile that appeared on her face. "Or how about you at least stay in our eyesight. Got it?"

Lizzie nodded, "got it."

"Alright good." Ava stood up and noticed Tom behind her. "Well you two, let's get going."

Lizzie jumped excitedly and ran ahead. Before she could get too far, Ava yelled after her. Lizzie stopped in her tracks and looked back at Ava sheepishly.

Rolling her eyes, Ava went up to Lizzie and grabbed her hand. "Come on kiddo."

Looking back between them, Lizzie searched for Tom. When she met his eyes, she gave him a big smile. "Come on Tom, keep up."

Tom flashed her a dull smile. He sighed and picked up his pace to keep up with them. Soon they were stepping on the pier. He flinched when his hand was grabbed suddenly, but settled upon realizing it was Lizzie keeping him in line with them through the crowd. Against his inner feelings of disgust at the idea of 'hand-holding' Tom allowed Lizzie to pull him along. He noticed that they were now following each other in a line to get through the crowd. Ava was easily weaving them around other people with few bumps.

Once Ava navigated them out of the main mass of people, she broke their chain and stopped to the side. Lizzie pulled Tom with her to Ava before letting go of his hand. Tom's hand was left cold but he chose to ignore it.

"Alright, what do you want to do first?" Ava asked looking from Tom to Lizzie and back.

Tom only shrugged, not giving much care to their activities. He turned his attention away as Lizzie started to chatter about her ideas. He caught Ava glancing behind him momentarily in midst of listening to her sister. Tom looked over his shoulder to see Lawrence leaning against the railing across from where they were standing.