The Next Step

Featuring Kingsley!

FYI: Like in my other story, Remus and Tonks are alive (sorry, but that was a sh*t excuse to kill them off J.K)
As for other characters: I'm sorry but they don't have a place in my story 😕 doesn't mean they have to be gone in your mind though!

4| The next step

Harry ran down the stairway and quickly made his way back to the great hall. He needed to find Kingsley as soon as possible and bring him to the headmaster's office. The last time Harry saw him, Kingsley was speaking with Remus, Neville, and a few others at one of the tables. Harry hoped he hasn't moved far from that spot, it would help make all of this a lot easier. There was still people all over the hall helping, recovering, or talking to others. He made his way through all the people to the side of the expansive room where he saw Kingsley.

Walking along the tables, he sighed with relief after spotting the man with purple robes towards the end. This time Kingsley was talking to a different group, one of them wearing a ministry uniform. Kingsley was the next prospected Minister of Magic and it appears the duties for his new role have already started. Hopefully this wasn't a bad time to interrupt, but he might see this new turn of events as important. Perhaps even more important than anything else they are dealing with right now. Before Harry could make it all the way there he was intercepted.

"Harry!"

He looked to his right and saw who had called his name. Hermione and Ron were now walking towards him, causing him to momentarily forget why he was here in the first place. It could wait a few minutes, besides he hasn't gotten much of a chance to see his best friends. He owed them that at least after everything and Kingsley will most likely still be there.

Hermione crushed Harry into a hug as soon as he was in reach. When she pulled back from the hug, Ron had caught up to her and now stood just behind her. That's right, they finally realized how they felt for each other and admitted it. Thank Merlin they got that out of the way now. He smiled at them, thankful they were both alright. He realized they should know about the whole Tom situation.

"Harry, where have you been? We've been looking for you." Hermione crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow expectantly.

"I know, I'm sorry Hermione. There's been an..issue."

"Issue? What do you mean?"

"Well..when I was out in the courtyard, Ava Merin was too and something happened when she was there."

"Something happened?" She was confused about his vague answer. "Harry, you'll have to be more specific."

"She saw what happened but basically, Voldemort's body wasn't where it was supposed to be."

"What!" Ron and Hermione both said this loudly, not noticing anyone around them.

"In his place was a different person, well not really different but..it was Tom Riddle."

They both stared at Harry with shocked expressions, neither saying a word. Hermione looked like she was trying to figure it out herself while Ron looked confused. It was understandable, Harry couldn't be sure he even knew what was going on.

The silence was finally broken by Ron. "Who the bloody hell is Ava Merin?"

"Ronald! That's the only thing you're wondering after what Harry just said?"

"Well, I don't know who she is." Ron just shrugged when Hermione shook her head at him.

"Honestly." Calming down, Hermione turned her attention back to Harry. "So what now then Harry?"