undying love || derek hale

"Where's Derek?" You asked impatiently, looking up at the 2 brown haired boys in front of you. You tugged at the handcuff that was keeping you stuck to the bench again even though you knew it wouldn't do anything.

"About that" The pale, lanky boy said, his voice trailing.

"What?" You snapped glaring at him.

The two boys exchanged an uneasy look before the door swung open and a tall, muscular man walked in. He stopped dead in his tracks as soon as he saw you and the boys.

"Y/N?" He whispered uncertainly.

You raised your eyebrows questioningly in response.

"Is this for real?" The man asked but this time looking at the boys stood in front of you.

"Is what for real?" You interjected, looking at all 3 of them in turn but no one spoke "Someone needs to get Derek, Derek Hale, he's about the only person I trust in this town and I'm not leaving here without him" You stated, you would have crossed your arms to emphasise your point if one of them wasn't chained to the police station bench.

"This is going to be difficult" The lanky boy murmured under his breath.

"She doesn't know me does she?" The older guy asked.

"She knows you" The same boy said "She just knows the teenage you, not the moody, brooding, current you"

"What the hell are you talking about?" You asked, very confused.

"We can't really explain it Y/N" The tanned boy said.

"How do you know my name?" You asked quizzically.

"It's a long story" He said "I'm Scott and this is Stiles" He said pointing to the boy stood next to him.

"I've got all night" You said and tugged at your handcuffed wrist.

Silence filled the room before Scott motioned the remaining 2 boys out of the room and shot you an apologetic smile. You strained to try and hear what they were saying but it was all muffled and they seemed to be talking in whispers. Moments later the door cracked open and 'Stiles' appeared softly pushing the door behind him.

A few days earlier

"Derek" You shouted as you pulled the heavy door shut behind you "Can you help me with this?" You called out. There was no reply so you continued to struggle with shopping bags through to the kitchen where you dumped them onto the counter and let out and over exaggerated sigh.

"Did you need help?" Derek said waltzing into the kitchen behind you.

"Yeah I did" You said bluntly.

"Well you seem to have managed" He replied, nodding his head to where the bags lay on the work top.

"And who said chivalry is dead" You said with a sarcastic smile "You may be my best friend but you're annoying as hell sometimes"

"I aim to please" He said flashing a rare smile.

"Oh my god" You said and clutched your heart. melodramatically "Did Derek Hale just smile?" You said with a shocked tone which makes him smile a little wider.

"And you may be my best friend but you're annoying as hell all the time" He joked before grabbing an apple and heading to the living room.

"Rude" You shouted from the kitchen before following him through to the living room where you collapsed onto the couch opposite him "So what's the latest in the supernatural world?" You asked.

"Deaton seems to think Mexico is the key to everything that's going on so we're heading off there tomorrow" He said shrugging.

"You're taking me to Mexico?" You said, keeping up your melodramatic charade "I thought you'd never ask"

"Very funny" He said with a raised eyebrow "But it's too dangerous for you to come too Y/N"

"I'm packing my bags and coming with you" You said stubbornly "And don't try and stop me" You flashed him a small smile as you got up off the couch and left the room.

Back to Present

"Can someone find Derek?" You asked, yet again "It's not that difficult"

"Well look about that..." Stiles said looking out the window.

"Look, no offense, but I don't know you, I certainly don't trust you either" You told him shaking the handcuffs for reference as to why you didn't trust him "But I do trust Derek, so if you find Derek I'll do whatever it is you need me to do"

"Why do you need Derek so badly?" He inquired.

"We've been best friends since forever" You said breaking away from the boy's gaze.

"Best friends? Really?" He said sceptically.

"I've told you I don't trust you, I'm not telling you my life story Stiles" You said and rolled your eyes.

"Well you don't seriously expect me to believe that you're 'just friends'" He snorted "Like I haven't heard that one before"

"Fine whatever believe what you want" You retorted.

"So I am right, you do like him" He said smugly.

You shot him a glare as he rose from his slumped position on the desk and headed for the door.

"Well I didn't exactly tell her but lets figure a way to change her back so they can both confess their undying love for each other" Stiles said with a smirk to Scott who was stood the other side of the now ajar door.