sleepover || isaac lahey

Y/N woke up to a chill autumn breeze ruffling her hair, the soft strands tickling the side of her face that wasn't pressed into the even softer pillow she was resting her head on. She hadn't remembered opening the window the previous night, which most likely should have alarmed her. For some reason, it did not, mostly because she was still technically half asleep and was feeling rather comfortable; more so than she had felt in a long time. Her eyes fluttered open for the briefest of moments, but they ultimately closed to once again welcome the sleep she so desperately needed nowadays.

Her eyes wrenched open quickly, however, when she felt a tight grip on her waist and the fan of cool breath on her shoulder. She quickly sat up, pushing the strong arm off her waist and- underestimating her newfound supernatural strength once again- accidentally sending the person flying off her bed. She opened her mouth to let a high-pitched scream, but Isaac Lahey was jumping up from her carpeted floor before she could do just that. His golden curls were ruffled from sleep, his cobalt eyes still droopy and the skin underneath them just a little darkened from sleep deprivation. He never really slept well.

"Isaac Lahey!" She chucked a pillow at his head, her aim impeccable as usual. It hit the boy square in the face, and he whipped it right back at her almost as soon as it hit him, but she ducked her head. "What the hell are you doing in my room?" She asked, pulling the white duvet cover up to her chin when she realized that she had slept in only her bra and a pair of leggings made out of the thinnest sort of material you would ever see in your life.

"I don't see why you're pulling the covers up, I've seen you naked," Isaac pointed out, fending off the smirk that threatened to slip onto his lips.

Y/N frowned at him, resisting the urge to roll her eyes at her friend. "We've been best friends since we were three, Isaac. Seeing me in the tub at three doesn't count, you dumbass." Isaac flinched, the words best friend echoing in his mind. He had heard Y/N say those two little words over and over again for so many years he had reason to tattoo the phrase on his forehead. He hated it. Completely and utterly hated it.

"Fine, whatever, either way, that-" he gestured toward her covered body- "doesn't bother me in the slightest so ha." He sounded like a child, he recognized that, but being obnoxious the only way to stop himself from blurting out the fact that Y/N was the most gorgeous girl he had ever laid his eyes on and he wanted to scream about that fact every minute of every day.

She wasn't sure why, but she was a bit offended by that. What, her body wasn't good enough to bother him? She pushed these thoughts out of her mind as quickly as they came, taking a deep breath. She didn't have to please anyone but herself, and she would be damned if she let a boy make her feel bad about herself. She didn't even know why she would think those things in the first place. Isaac was her best friend, nothing more. It had been that way for years.

"Whatever, Isaac. Care to explain why you were in my bed?"

He gnawed on his bottom lip for a moment, his shaking hands fidgeting nervously with the hem of his white t-shirt. He sat down on the edge of her bed, still clad in just his boxer shorts as he stared up her.

"I... I just... I couldn't sleep," he muttered, his cheeks now a light shade of pink. "You always help me sleep, Y/N, but I didn't wanna wake you and I figured you wouldn't mind if I was sleeping next to you, because y'know, it's just me," he stressed. "But- my mistake, I should have asked, it's weird 'cause we're older."

Y/N leaned over the side of her bed, reaching for the shirt that had been discarded only a few hours ago and sliding it back over her head. She moved closer to Isaac, leaning her head on his shoulder. His arm went around her shoulders instinctively, and he enjoyed pretending that they were an actual couple for a few blissful seconds. "I just got freaked out for a second, but don't worry. You know you're always welcome here, right? Always."

Isaac was the one to frown this time, turning his head toward her. "Y/N, I need to tell you something. But, don't let it affect our friendship, okay? I never want our friendship to change." He stared at her so intently that all she could do was nod, anxiety building up in her stomach. She wasn't sure what else he could possibly tell her- she knew he was a werewolf, that he had nightmares every single night which was the reason why he couldn't sleep, that his father had been an abusive piece of pure shit, she knew everything about him except-

"I like you. Very much. More than a friend. Definitely more than a best friend. I like you in the way that, y'know, a boyfriend would like his girlfriend. Or... love his girlfriend. So. Yeah. I like you in the more than friend way and I'm really sorry if this ruins everything but it's been killing me so I just had to let it out," he said hurriedly, removing his hand from Y/N's shoulder and placing it in his lap alongside the other one. He fiddled with his fingers anxiously, holding his breath as he awaited her reply.

Her eyes, wide with evident surprise, scanned his face. He wasn't looking at her anymore, just at his lap. He continued, his voice softer still. "That's why you're the only who can help me sleep. I like you so much, care about you so much. I have so many thoughts in my head, nightmares upon nightmares, but you make them quiet. You make everything quiet, and peaceful. I can sleep after I talk to you. I feel better around you. You might not feel the same right now, I know you most likely don't, but I want you to give me a chance. Just one chance to prove that I can be good to you and for you, just like you are to me." He slowly but surely placed his hand over hers, though she withdrew her hand after he placed his down.

Before he could become upset, she slipped her hand fully in his, sliding her fingers in-between his own. She appreciated the pulsing warmth in his palm. He was always so warm. She loved that about him. She supposed she was the same way as well, they had more body heat than typical people of course, but she appreciated his warmth. It suited him. He gave her a shy smile, gripping her hand as tight as he could without hurting her.

"Is that a yes?"

"I would be a moron to say no, Isaac." She raised her face slightly, pressing a gentle kiss to his cheek that was softer to the touch than it looked. He grinned even wider now, lifting his finger to touch her chin, tilting her head toward him more. His lips found hers in mere seconds, and while one hand was still enveloped in her own, his other was already entangling itself in her mess of silky yet knotted hair. He had waited too long to do this, how could he not get a bit ahead of himself?

Y/N pulled away hesitantly, her forehead touching his and the tip of his nose brushing against hers. His free hand moved to cup her cheek, his fingertips brushing over her face. "So... about these sleepovers..."

"Yeah?" Isaac prompted, wanting to continue kissing Y/N more than anything else in the world.

"How about the next one happens when I'm awake, hm? It'll be a lot more fun that way, I think." Isaac eagerly nodded his head, his lips capturing hers once again.