teach me || liam dunbar

In your sixteen years of existence, you had never been kissed. It was a truly tragic fact, considering almost all of your friends had been lucky enough to snag a boyfriend in the eighth grade. It didn't matter that the relationships were awkward and the kisses were weird back then; what mattered was that they had done things you hadn't.

Finally, finally, someone had managed to ask you out, assuring that you weren't completely repulsive and therefore deemed undatable. One problem, you were still clueless when it came to kissing. As a last resort, you went to your best friend Liam for assistance.

You were over his house when you asked him, bringing the idea of him teaching you how to kiss up in the most casual way possible. Still, he had been taking a sip of water when you built up enough courage to actually ask, and he promptly choked on the water, bringing the bottle away from his mouth with water dripping from his parted lips. "You want me to what?" He sputtered, wiping his mouth with his sleeve quickly as you blushed scarlet and shook your head.

"Nothing, just forget it, I didn't say anything," you muttered, completely embarrassed. It's not that he didn't want to kiss you, it's that you were his best friend, and he was going to be your first kiss. While he had kissed girls before, he wasn't too sure if he was good enough to be your first kiss. He didn't want to ruin a moment.

"No, no wait, I will," he said, making you look from the countertop and raise your eyebrows at him. "I just- this is your first kiss, right? Are you sure you want it to be with me? I don't even know if I'm a good kisser, Y/N," he admitted, looking slightly abashed. You shrugged your shoulders.

"I don't have anyone to compare you to, and I really need to know how to do this properly in case I get any action tonight. Please," you begged, jutting out your bottom lip and fluttering your eyelashes. "I'll be your best friend."

"You are my best friend," he sighed, shaking his head before walking around the counter and sitting next you on the other chair. "Which is why I'm going to help you out. Now, what sort of kisses are you familiar with?" He kept a straight face, sounding completely serious and very teacher-like. It almost made you laugh, because the Liam you were best friends with was rarely that serious-sounding.

"Um, the ones where you kiss each other? What other kinds are there?" You questioned, beginning to feel a bit nervous. There was more than one type?! Were hormonal teenagers just gifted with this sort of knowledge the moment they hit puberty? Had you just missed the boat completely? You thought you saw Liam crack an amused smile out of the corner of your eye, but he maintained his composure, though his eyes betrayed him. He found this quite amusing, to be honest.

"Alright, we'll just start really simple, so you get the hang of things, is that okay?" When you nodded, he leaned forward a little, taking a deep breath. "I'm just going to kiss your cheek, but doing it to your potential boyfriend is a lot different than your mom kissing you on the cheek. It's-it's like this," he moved forward again, allowing his lips to brush across your cheek, so close that his eyelashes fluttered against your skin, and you could feel his breath on your cheek. "See? That one is easy. Try it on me." So you did, just as he had shown you, and in that moment he was eternally grateful that you weren't a werewolf as well, because you surely would have heard the rapid beating of his heart.

"Did I do alright?" You asked, still within incredibly close proximity to his face, his lips. He nodded, swallowing his nerves and continuing on with the lesson.

"This one is pretty simple as well, it's just a peck, it's what you would do in the hallways at school if all goes well," he cracked another small smile, though he realized it was more forced than usual. Here goes nothing, he thought nervously, licking his lips lightly before giving you the most chaste of all the kisses, the easiest one, though it made him unnecessarily nervous. Struggling to make his voice a bit calmer, he said, "Try it on me now."

You barely pressed your lips to his for more than a second, but it made his whole head spin, and yours a little as well. Gulping once again, he offered to show you the one you had been the most nervous about. "Y-you don't have to if you don't want to, I know it can be a little nerve-wracking. I'm going to walk you through it, so it won't seem as hard when you're doing it...for real." He spoke the last two words with a bit more animosity than necessary, but you hardly noticed, too focused on the impending doom (or perhaps excitement is a better word, looking back on it) of kissing your best friend.

You've heard about this type of kiss. It's the one that people describe as passionate, or fiery, or amazing and wonderful. Most people liked doing this. You weren't too sure about your feelings on it just yet, the whole making out thing. It made your heart speed up just thinking about it, especially because it was Liam you were kissing. Liam, who maybe wasn't just a best friend. Maybe he was a little more.

He exhaled, then boldly cupped the sides of your face, telling you in a whisper to close your eyes. That was what you were supposed to do when you kiss someone, apparently. You obeyed, letting your eyes close before you could practically feel Liam's gaze on you, before he captured his lips in your own, murmuring against your mouth that you need to move in sync with him; to at least try it. So you copied his movements, moving your hands up his waist, his arms.

His kisses became more urgent, his teeth tugging at your bottom lip, his hands pressing you closer and closer to him, and literally nothing existed unless it was you and Liam and his mouth against yours in the most feverish and wonderful way, until he pulled away breathless and panting and flushed with pleasure.

"I-I got carried away," he muttered, pushing his chair back and removing his hands from their secure place at the back of your neck. You were confused for a minute, because you knew that you had been enjoying yourself immensely, but then you realized that you were going on a date with someone else, and Liam was simply just your mentor. "I'm sorry, I d-didn't...I fucked up, you're going on a date with someone else."

"Liam..." you began softly.

"No, no, no," he shook his head, standing up from the chair. "I just...you come in here and you ask me to teach you how to kiss and then you just kiss like that and it was perfect and I don't want any other guy ever kissing you like that. Like he wants you. Because I know that he will want you, who wouldn't? But-but it shouldn't be that way! I don't know what I'm saying, never mind!" He abruptly knocked his chair over, making you jump back slightly, before he looked at you again. "Actually, I do! I'm saying th-that, I'm the only one who should ever even think about kissing you that way, because I care about you a lot and I like you in that way and I don't want you going on that date tonight. Or any other dates."

"Unless they're with you," you finished for him, standing up yourself and facing him directly. Nose to nose.

"Yeah."

"I'm okay with that if you are."

"I'm really okay with that."