jealousy is a bitch || stiles stilinski ft. theo raeken

You and Stiles were no strangers to the silent treatment. It was something used often in your relationship, but it usually never lasted very long. Most of the time, one of you would use it for something stupid, to get what you wanted, because neither of you could go very long without talking to the other. Silent treatments never lasted longer than three hours, but this one had been going for a day and a half already, all because of a stupid fight (which neither of you could remember the cause of, you were just too proud to admit.)

You sat on the opposite side of Scott's living room, blatantly talking and laughing with anyone who wasn't Stiles. When he attempted to get your attention from across the room, you made a point of looking at him, blinking, that turning back around to continue your conversation with Liam.

Fine, he thought irritably, I'm a big boy. I can handle her talking to Liam. He's like, what, five? Stiles crossed his arms, scowling at everyone who started talking to him. Just when he considered relaxing, that you were probably going to talk to him later when you cooled off a little more, you stood up from the couch. He sat up too, watching as you went out of your way to start having a not so subtle conversation with Theo.

In all honesty, you were just talking to him to spite Stiles. It was an awful thing to do, and you recognized that, but he had said some equally awful things to you yesterday, and maybe he needed to suffer a little before you forgave him. Plus, maybe this would give him the motivation to actually apologize to you instead of glaring like a little kid from across the room. You were the type of person to hold a grudge, as was Stiles, and you knew he wouldn't apologize unless you took action.

And you refused to be the one to apologize first.
Liam walked over to Stiles, picking up immediately on the boy's increasing anger. He poked Stiles' arm, and almost jumped off the couch when Stiles gave him a look of murderous rage. "What do you want?" Stiles snapped, looking over Liam's shoulder as you leaned toward Theo a bit more. "I'm a little busy glowering at my girlfriend."

"Maybe you should just apologize to her instead of glaring at the back of her head while she talks to Theo, who by the way, isn't exactly ugly and can probably get any girl he wants." Liam said quietly, glancing over his shoulder at you.

"This is an adult thing, baby wolf, you wouldn't understand. Now, run along and go play with your toy cars or something. I'm busy pretending that I don't care about my girlfriend and pretty boy making openly flirtatious comments toward one another."

Stiles waved Liam away with his hands and returned to his previous activity of glaring at the wall, arms folded and a childlike pout on his lips. Liam nudged him again, much to Stiles' dismay.

"If I were you, I would apologize now, before she and Theo get even cozier over there," Liam pointed toward the other couch, where you and Theo were sitting incredibly close. He had one hand twirling a stand of your hair, the other resting on your knee, and Stiles swore steam was actually coming out of his ears, he was so furious.

Stiles made his was over there before you could even blink, wedging himself in between you both and plopping down right there. He leaned into you, wrapping an arm around your waist before turning his head toward Theo and raising his eyebrows.

"That looked like a nice conversation, mind if I join you?"

"I don't think it would make much if I difference if I said yes," Theo said, the smile that had been on his face when he was talking to you vanishing. Stiles smirked, shaking his head.

"Nope," he replied, taking your hand in his. You didn't protest, because you knew this was his way of saying he was sorry, and that the real apology would actually come out soon enough; when Theo gave up and moved on with his day. Except, Theo stayed put, narrowing his eyes. Ah, shit.

"Since when do you control who your girlfriend talks to?" Theo inquired, his tone condescending. "You're not a very good boyfriend, are you, Stiles?"

Stiles pulled away from you, clenching his jaw. You leaned forward, placing one hand on his shoulder and using your other one to relax his tight fist. "Stiles, don't fight with him. I'm yours, I love you." Stiles visibly relaxed, his shoulders slumping as he gave you a small smile, grabbing your hand tightly. Theo stood up from the couch, a smirk on his face.

"Well, that's adorable. A girlfriend having to calm her boyfriend down from murderous fits of rage. Cute."

Theo waited for a reaction from Stiles, something that would show you how your relationship wasn't worth it. But you held his hand tighter, and Stiles' previous anger was replaced with a broad smirk of his own.

"Think whatever you want, Raeken, but at the end of the day, theres one thing I get to do, and you don't," he said in a sing song voice.

"And what's that?" Asked Theo with minimal interest.

"Kiss my incredibly beautiful girlfriend," Stiles said triumphantly, entangling his hands in your soft hair and pulling you toward him, firmly pressing his lips to yours and doing an internal victory dance when you deepened the kiss, your own hands moving from his waist to his cheeks. When you pulled away from what felt like an eternity, Stiles sighed with content, forehead resting against yours.

"You're such an asshole sometimes," You told him. It was true, everyone knew it was true, even Stiles himself. He didn't really care. Neither did you, really. He had gotten Theo to walk away without serious confrontation and had gotten you to forgive him, all in one shot. Plus, he made out with you, which was always a bonus in his book.

"Jealousy's a bitch. I love you, too, though."