thinking of you || isaac lahey pt. 2

One night after the pack and I had a movie night at my house, I was getting ready for bed. I was already done with everything and ready to crawl into my warm bed that still somehow managed to smell like Isaac after all this time. There was a knock at my door and I figured it was Stiles who had left his phone here... again. I opened the door, not bothering to look through the peephole. "Listen Stiles, if you left your goddamn phone here again, I'm gonna kick your ass." I looked up to be met with a tall figure with beautiful blue eyes and I took a sharp intake of breath.

Isaac.

When our eyes met, he softly smiled. His beautiful white smile stopping my heart. "I heard you've been thinking of me."

He was here. Isaac Lahey was at my front door. I stood frozen in the doorway, not knowing what to do or say. What do you say to someone who you haven't had any contact with in a year? Our eyes stayed locked on each other, not once faltering. I didn't think I would ever be looking into those eyes again.

Isaac cleared his throat, "Um, are you gonna let me in?" I opened the door wider, gesturing for him to come in. He stepped in, his boots making a noise on the hardwood floors. Once he was inside, I sighed deeply. Closing the door softly, I turned to him. He was looking at me and I suddenly felt uncomfortable in my evening attire. I was wearing silky pajama shorts and a very thin white spaghetti strap tank top. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him.

"You look good."

"What are you doing here?" We cut each other off. I licked my lips nervously.

"You first." Isaac said politely.

"Isaac, why are you here?" I asked the boy in front of me.

"Lydia called me. So did Scott. They said you were missed me." Isaac nodded, shoving his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "I even got a call from Malia Tate. She's... interesting. She told me that I was a jerk and needed to fix what I did wrong." He smiled, cocking his eyebrow.

I let out a breathy laugh. Of course Malia would be so blunt about something. Gotta love that girl. "Yeah, that's Malia for ya." I told him. "You didn't have to come all the way to Beacon Hills, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You don't want me here?" He asked. I saw his expression falter.

"It's not that. It's just you don't care, so I'm confused as to why you're here." I uttered.

"Do you really think that?" His voice broke as he said his words.

"Yeah. I mean you left. I tried getting in contact with you and you never answered. I felt like I was talking to a ghost."

"I didn't stop caring about you. I couldn't ever do that." He walked closer to me, but I took a step back. My back pressed against the wall. I looked down at my painted toe nails.

"It sure felt like it! You left, Isaac. You left when the whole pack needed you. You left when I needed you." I felt a warm, salty tear fall from my eye as I spoke. "I lost someone that was important to me and you left when I needed you the most. Do you know what that feels like?"

"Y/N, I'm sorry."

"You're sorry! If you were sorry, you wouldn't have left!" I shouted at him. "I loved you, Isaac."

"Loved?" He asked, emphasizing I used the past term of a word that meant so much to the both of us.

I closed my eyes and let my head roll back to rest on the wall. After I gave myself a couple moments to calm down, I opened my eyes, looking back to his. I automatically saw how glossy they were. I saw a tear fall from his right eye and down his cheek. "After you left, I was empty. I was broken in every way. My best friend died and the love of my life left me. I didn't see anything getting better after that. I pushed away everyone. Scott, Stiles. I even pushed away Lydia and Kira. I barely saw them for weeks. I couldn't be in the same room as Scott and Stiles without wanting to fall apart."

Isaac let out a shaky sigh, but I continued talking. "I eventually realized that pushing away the most important people in my life wasn't the best solution. Being alone is never good for anyone. So I went back to the pack. I met Liam and Malia. They became my best friends. Then senior year rolled around and I met Theo." I saw Isaac tense and I see the anger and jealousy on his face, but I didn't say anything. His jaw clenched and his large hands clenched at his sides. "Theo and I got together. He was my boyfriend, but there was a problem."

"You didn't love him." Isaac whispered. I nodded.

"No. I didn't. You, for some reason were always in the back of my mind. You never really left if I'm being honest. Every time I saw him waiting for me outside the classroom, I wished it was you. Every time he wrapped his arms around me I wished it was your arms bringing me comfort and warmth. Every time he kissed me I didn't feel like my heart was going to take off down the street like I did with you. Every night we spent together, I wanted to be you. I wanted to be intertwined with you. I wanted you to be the one kissing my collarbone and holding me tight. I wanted yours to be the eyes I looked into, not his. But it wasn't. He was second best. I felt like after you, second best was all I would ever know again."

I finished my speech and Isaac walked closer to me. He put his large hand on my cheek, thumb wiping the tears that had fallen from my eyes. Our eyes met once again and I could see every emotion in the cerulean color I adored. I saw the love, the happiness, but I also saw the hurt and the sadness. "You're not still with Theo, are you?" Isaac questioned, his tone soft and small.

I shook my head. "I could never be with him when I'm still completely in love with you."

That was all Isaac needed to smash his lips on mine. His right arm moved to my waist, holding tight while his left hand stayed on my cheek. I closed my eyes as the warmth of his lips filled my body. My hands moved so they were resting where his heart is, but the size of my hands was small compared to his big frame. Isaac licked my bottom lip, asking for permission to enter. I granted and his tongue explored passionately.

The sweet taste I loved so much brought back so many memories. The memory of our first kiss, the memory of the kiss that lead to our first time, and our last kiss. I felt his heart speed up underneath my palm and I wondered if the kiss took his mind to the memories that were filling my head. I pulled away for air, our foreheads resting against each other, noses nuzzled together. "Take me back." Isaac whispered.

"Only if you promise to stay. Forever this time." I said, my tone serious yet scared he was gonna leave me again. His grip on my body tightened, subconsciously showing me that he didn't plan on leaving anytime soon.

"I wouldn't leave you again. Never in a million years." I placed a peck on his mouth. And then another. Isaac wrapped both of his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed my face in his neck, breathing in his scent. He still smelled of the cologne he wore before.

He picked me up bridal style carrying me up the staircase and into my bedroom. Isaac gently placed me on the mattress. He kicked off his shoes and lied down next to me. I rolled into his side and placed my head on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat. Each beat soft and calming. His hands went to my hair, playing with the strands like he always did before. The two actions were beginning to slowly put me to sleep.

I turned my head to look at him. His eyes were closed, but he was still awake. I shifted and the movement caused him to open his eyes. "What are you doing?" The concern laced in his question.

I didn't answer but pressed my lips to his. His lips molded with mine, fitting perfectly like a puzzle piece. He was the piece to everything in my life. I would always need him. And I know he felt the same. Isaac was staying; I couldn't get over that. I'm not the type of person to rely on a guy to make me happy, but when you feel what I feel with Isaac, that's not something you'll ever get over. They become a part of you. They become your heart, your smile, your laughter. That's what Isaac is to me. He's the best part of me.

Isaac pulled away and whispered, "I love you so much, Y/N. I want to be with you forever."

"I love you too, Isaac. More than you know." We both settled back into our original positions. Sleep taking over the both of our bodies as I listened to his heartbeat and he listened to mine.