fake girlfriend || isaac lahey

"Sorry man. You probably won't have a lot to contribute to the conversation considering you've never had a girlfriend," Stiles teased for what felt like the millionth time as he and Isaac stood by the lockers waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.

Stiles had just asked him for advice for an upcoming date but then took it back quickly saying he probably would just ask Scott about it in the car. A low growl escaped Isaac's lips as he tried to remind himself that Stiles just wasn't worth it as the idiot seemed to get off on annoying him. And unfortunately, it was working and sometimes Isaac was just a bit impulsive.

"Well, not one that you know of."

Stiles's eyebrow quirked up and a Grinch like smile came across his face, wondering if he was hearing this right.

"A girlfriend in fourth grade doesn't count," he reminded and Isaac's hands balled into fists.

"I'm not supposed to talk about it." Because it isn't real, Isaac thought.

Stiles nodded, "oh, yeah right, sure, sure."

The tone in his voice was enough for Isaac to glance around and see you and Lydia walking in the opposite direction of where he was standing. You and Isaac weren't close but you got along like a house on fire, regularly working together on pack 'missions' or sometimes you just studied together in the library. He'd been asked several times if he was interested in you, all those times he just shrugged as an answer but if anyone was to believe he was dating someone, you would be a good candidate.

"(Y/N)," Isaac said, "(Y/N) and I have been dating."
Stiles looked as if he'd just discovered gold.

"(Y/N)? You want me to believe that? She's way out of your league!" and then he was shouting, "(Y/N)! Are you and Isaac dating?"

Lydia and you stopped your walking, Lydia raising her eyebrows at you as you turned around slowly. Everyone in the hallway seemed to go quiet, interested in this little bit of gossip and you met with Isaac's horrified eyes.

"Uh, yes?" was all you said before continuing on your way, Lydia beginning to smack you excitedly at discovering this information as Stiles turning back to Isaac.

"I can't believe you weren't just fucking with me. You should invite her to come bowling with all of us tomorrow night – Lydia will be there so she won't feel so weird. I seriously can't believe you landed a girlfriend like that, fuck."

Isaac couldn't believe that he'd landed a fake girlfriend like that either.

That night, Isaac found himself climbing into your bedroom and nearly scaring you half to death.

"What the shit?" you hissed, pausing the show you were watching, "first you say we're dating and now you're climbing through my window? Did I miss something?"

He smiled sheepishly, brushing off a few sticks that got caught in his sweater while trying to climb up through your window.

"Uh, I know normal people just text but I thought I should just ask you in person. I didn't really think this through –,"

You cut him off, "yeah, I can see that."

"But, fuck this is stupid. Stiles was being a dick and I kind of just said you were my girlfriend so he'd leave me alone. I didn't think he'd actually, uh, ask you about it but do... you wanna go bowling with the group of us tomorrow?"

You'd always had a crush on Isaac. He was one of the first guys to ever really notice you and see you for more than just your looks and you wanted to throw one of your pillows at him and demand he take you out on a proper date because you genuinely liked him. But even though he freaked you out a bit by abruptly climbing through your window at that time of night, you couldn't resist him.

"Fine. But before you leave, I already answered a bunch of our relationship questions to Lydia so you'll have to learn them. And you're paying for my shoes and games for bowling. Oh, and when we fake break up, it'll be a mutual break up and it can't be weird."

You weren't particularly eager to be out bowling with the group. You got along well with everyone and they were being overly nice to you ever since they found out you and Isaac were 'dating'. A few times Stiles had said to you 'really, Isaac?' but other than that, no one really questioned it. The people in the group who were wolves didn't even suspect that the two of you were faking the whole ordeal because they could hear how fast your heart rates were when you were around one another, which made everything much easier.

"Lydia said she invited you to come earlier in the week but you said no." Isaac said, his arm wrapped around you rather lazily as you watched Scott get up for his first go. It felt rather natural for the two of you to be like this, having small touches here and there and sneaking each other little glances. It was comfortable and you had to remind yourself that this was all supposed to be a charade.

"Uh, did I forget to mention that I can't bowl?"

"You know you're up next, right?"

You nodded, "yeah, that's why I'm just a bit nervous."

Scott got a strike, grinning as he turned to the group who were all rolling their eyes at the unfairness of him having werewolf abilities which were a rather big help in the situation. You wished you had the abilities because you had no idea what you were about to do.

"C'mon," Isaac helped you to your feet, picking up your ball for you and beginning to walk towards your lane.

"Seriously? What are you doing?"

He handed you the ball, smiling a little and back at the seats the two of you were already earning a few 'awes'.

"I'll help you, it's the least I can do," he handed you the ball and you held it in the hand you were most comfortable with as he began to help line you up correctly, "aren't we just relationship goals?"

You laughed rather nervously and Isaac stood behind you, his back pressed against yours and you did your best to concentrate on your bowling but it was proving to be difficult.

"Just move sort of like... this," he murmured into your ear and as he showed you the throwing movement the second time around, you released the ball and it went flying down the middle of the lane, hitting all the pins except one.

"Oh my god," a grin came across your face as you turned around to Isaac who couldn't quite believe it either, "oh my god!"

You flung your arms around his neck, kissing him excitedly and Isaac nearly fell backwards at the sudden action. Eagerly though, he kissed you back, enjoying the feeling and hoping that you'd do this every time you did well in the game.

"How come you don't do that when I do well?" Scott asked Kira from their seats and she nudged him playfully.

Realising that you had to bowl once more and everyone was watching the two of you with stupid grins on their faces, you shyly pulled away and began to walk back to get another ball. Triumphantly, Isaac walked back to the group who might as well have been clapping for him and Lydia patted his arm.

"It's about time the two of you got together. (Y/N) always talked about how much she liked you but you just 'didn't like her back'. I swear if you break her heart I'll break you." She smiled sweetly and Isaac, who had to admit was a little intimidated, smiled back as you successfully knocked down your final pin.

"Not planning on it, Lydia."