the jeep || stiles stilinski

You had spun into a coughing fit by the time the rest of the pack turned up for lunch that afternoon at school. Your nose was bright red, which Stiles would have affectionately teased you about had you not looked so freaking miserable. You were obviously half-asleep, shoulders slumped and your usually cheerful demeanor faltering brilliantly. He immediately strode toward you, walking at a considerably faster pace than the rest of your friends in order to sit next to you.

They would have let him sit with you, anyway. You guys were almost, sort of, kind of, together. But not quite, not yet.

"Hey, what happened to you?" He asked instantly, placing his bag at his feet and regarding you with concerned filled eyes. You tried to smile, but you started coughing again, turning away from him so that you wouldn't cough in his face. When you finished, you turned back to him to find he was holding out a bottle of water, which you took gratefully.

"Just a little sick, is all," you explained. "But I didn't want to miss the test today."

"Come on, I'll drive you home, I'm not letting you stay here all miserable and sad-looking. I don't like it when you're upset, so just let me take you home." He smiled at you, placing the cap back on the water bottle when you finally pried it away from your lips.

You shook your head, patting his head as the rest of the pack began to take their seats around you both, smirking knowingly.

"Nah, it's fine, Stiles. I'll walk home, I don't want to make you late. You've had enough detentions to last a lifetime, you don't need another one. Plus, you're gonna need to be free after school so you can come over my house to watch those painfully cliche movies that we love to make fun of, right?" You stood up, grabbing your bag from Stiles' outstretched hands.

"Alright, well at least take the Jeep?" He rummaged around inside his own bag before pulling out his car keys, dropping them into your hand and disregarding everyone else's astonished faces.

"Really? You're letting me drive your Jeep?" You asked incredulously, staring at the keys in your hand.

"Of course," he replied, pecking you on the cheek.

"Text me when you get home, or if the Jeep breaks down so I can come fix it up really quick. Feel better," he added. You kissed him fleetingly on the cheek, the only thanks he wanted or needed, and took off for the parking lot after waving goodbye to your friends. He watched you go with a soft grin, only sitting back in his seat when you were safely inside his car.

Everyone was staring at him when he returned to the table, exchanging glances between one another that were irritating Stiles to no end as he tried to eat his grilled cheese. He placed the sandwich down, folding his arms and raising his eyebrows. "Okay, why are you all staring at me like that? I know, I know, Stiles Stilinski is being a good boyfriend-ish type thing, shocking, right? Who knew I could pull it off?"

Scott shook his head earnestly. "No, that's not why we're staring at you," he answered, looking toward Lydia, who had a small smirk on her face. Stiles waited for a clearer answer, annoyance written on his expression. "You let Y/N drive the Jeep!" Scott exclaimed, gesturing toward the parking lot where an empty spot now took the place of Stiles' beloved vehicle.

"And your point is?"

"You don't let anyone touch that rundown thing except for you," Lydia chimed in. "But Y/N is a different story. You really like her, don't you?" Stiles flushed red, his cheeks flaming bright and his eyes suddenly focusing the discarded sandwich in front of him.

"Yeah...I do, but the Jeep thing, that's not that big of a deal, right? I've let Scott drive it before, haven't I?" Scott shook his head, and Stiles went even redder, if that was possible.

"Aw, Stiles looooves Y/N, how cute," Liam cooed, ruffling the older boy's hair. Stiles swatted Liam's hand away, huffing.

"Yeah, and you love Hayden, everyone loves someone," Stiles retorted. If he had been a girl, he would have flipped his hair. "It's not a big deal. I just want her to get home safely, and she didn't want me being late to class. That's what people in relationships do, watch out for each other, care about each other. Letting my girlfriend-ish type person drive my very important Jeep is just another addition to that list."

There was another chorus of teasing, "Aw's," and "How cute's," but Stiles endured it, blocking them out completely when his phone buzzed in his pocket. You had sent him a picture of you and the Jeep, captioned with, "your jeep is safe with me, and i'm at home in my pajamas if you want to stop by later. i'm extremely sexy with my hair up and my make up off, in case you were wondering."

He laughed at your sheer adorableness, and the fact that your perfume would probably be all over his front seat. He was already forming plans to let you drive the damn thing more often, even if it meant him having to walk him home every single day.