Twelve

Oh my gosh, I honestly love reading you guys' comments! They make my day, especially the ones who were trying to figure out what'd going on in the story. All I'll say is one of them MAY be right, don't ask me whose it was because I won't tell...

-Somi-

JYP had called me into his office a few days after my encounter with Tzuyu unnie, and I was shocked to hear his proposal. Actually, I expected for him to say I was going to debut either as a solo artist, or he had found more trainees to make a group out of us. I didn't expect whathe actually said.

"You're joining TWICE."

In my SIXTEEN days, it was my dream to debut with Chaeyoung and the others. But after seeing them debut, and then their comeback, they seemed perfect like they were. I couldn't imagine any of the other trainees that participated in TWICE. Not even me.

"Why?" I had asked him.

Don't get me wrong, I want to debut with a permanent group. I.O.I wasn't going to stay long, so I wanted to find a group before we do disband. But me being in TWICE? There's such a huge age gap with me and the youngest, Chaeyoung. Would I even look right with them.

JYP folded his hands on his desk as he sighed and looked at me. "Of course, you heard about our dear Tzuyu. Everybody's taking it hard. There's some sort of hole in the group since the accident. And I was hoping you would fill the space. I'm not saying you're replacing Tzuyu. You'll just...be n her spot. Understand?"

I slowly nodded. "Yes sir. Would the other members accept it, though?"

"I'm sure they will. You're not a complete stranger to them. You'll fit in fine. What do you say?"

As much as I wanted to take the offer, I felt like I had to think about it and talk it over with the rest of the TWICE members. I told JYP this, and he agreed entirely before letting me leave.

When I left, I texted Chaeyoung to see if her and the rest of the members were in their dorm. She replied that everybody except Jihyo unnie was, but she'll be back in a little bit. So, I headed to the dorm, figuring out how I had to word everything.

-Jihyo-

The dorm wasn't comfortable to me anymore. It felt like I was going to suffocate in there. Nayeon and Jungyeon had gotten into another fight. This time, it was over me. I wasn't sure what started it, but I heard my name entwined with the curses and yelling. Since I couldn't bare hearing another argument, I went for a jog instead.

Lately, jogging has helped me escape from TWICE. It was just me, my music, and the fresh air. My head could be cleared before I go back to the dorm and let the frustration build up again.

My music suddenly stopped when I got a call from Mina. I answered it, wondering what was going on.

"SHUT UP, JUNGYEON!"

"NO, YOU SHUT UP!"

"You two sound like toddlers!" Mina's voice shouted. "Momo unnie, stop eating before you put yourself in a food coma! No wonder Dahyun-ah is so thin! I need a nap. Jihyo unnie?"

"Yes?" I answered.

"Are you almost done with your jog?"

"I was, until you called. Hearing all that makes me want to do another lap."

"Well, don't. Somi-ah is here with something very important to tell us. And I think it would be important for the leader to be here."

I sighed into the receiver. "I'm not your leader anymore, how many times do I have to say it?"