Eighteen

-Jihyo-

Sana still wasn't awake. It's been three days, and I'm starting to worry. Gosh, why am I such a horrible person? Can't even look after my own members. Maybe it's a sign that, even after ten years' worth of training, I wasn't meant to debut.

I was too busy worrying about everybody, hoping they were okay, I didn't notice an arm raising up. Until I heard a feeble groan from above.

Could it be? Was Sana finally awake?

I whipped my head up and squeaked when I saw Sana sipping from a bottle of water. Unable to contain my excitement, I pulled her into a tight hug and squealed. I didn't even mind the water splashed on me.

"Jihyo-ah! Why are you so clingy today?"

I couldn't help pressing my check against hers as I hugged her. The thought of almost losing her made me not want to let go of her at all.

But I had to, when the doors were wildly opened. I spun around to see Nayeon standing there dramatically. Her arms were outstretched, keeping the doors opened. I saw Jungyeon approach her from behind, and pushed her forward so she wouldn't be in the way of the doors anymore.

My excitement for Sana didn't end there. I hopped up and gripped Jungyeon's shoulders, grinning as if I was suddenly rich.

"Unnies! You're here! You won't believe it! Sana unnie is up! Where's the others? They should be here! We have to celebrate! I thought Sana would never wake up andifthathappenedIdon'tknowwhatIwouldhavedonewithmyself--"

"Stop talking for a second," Jungyeon interrupted, covering my mouth with her hand.

All I could do was look up at her with my big, western-like eyes, waiting for her to tell me whatever was on her mind. But Nayeon opened her mouth instead.

"We figured out who's behind all this!" Nayeon exclaimed, confidently.

Sana and I exchanged glances, full of hope. Had they really found out who killed Tzuyu and caused Sana to get hit by a car? It seemed unlikely, since the police still hasn't had a lead (idiots), but then again, who knew TWICE more than the girls themselves?

"Who?" Sana asked.

"Isn't it obvious? Who wasn't here to see you? Who seemed indifferent about Tzuyu's death? Who stole Tzuyu's spot in TWICE because she couldn't get it originally?"

Sana stayed quiet. I couldn't say anything, due to Jungyeon still covering my mouth.

"Somi-ah! Of course!" Nayeon answers her own self.

That made absolutely no sense. Why would Somi, a young teenage girl, who absolutely loves TWICE murder one of the members? And how could she have done it all by herself without getting caught?

Jungyeon stared at me the whole time, a knowing look in her eye. When she finally lowered her hand from my mouth, she hastily said, "I know you're going to agree with Nayeon, but don't make hasty decisions--"

"Agree? It makes no sense!" I exclaimed.

Nayeon's confident look dropped at my outburst. It was obvious they thought I was slightly insane, and not right in my mind. But Somi taking someone's life? Where would she get the motive? And she debuted in I.O.I. Even though it wasn't permanent, she got fame, if that's what she wanted. And would she have been so power hungry as to take away someone's life? Not hide their body, but take their whole life away? Unlikely.