2. Tyrell is in...wait, what?!

"Hayden! Hayden! Wake up, buddy!"

I fluttered my eyelids. My mind was fuzzy.  I was finding it hard to wake up, needless to say that I was in la-la land with her, the girl of my dreams, who eventually turned into my virtual companion. Last remnants of my dream was slowly fading away with sudden interruption of someone calling my name. Irritated, I slowly managed to open my heavy eyes. I lifted my head up to look briefly at the tiny clock resting on my table beside my half- opened diary. I was even more frustrated when I realized I was forced to wake up at half part two in the night. I tentatively presumed it was Tyrell's voice ringing in my mind but knowing it was still middle of the night and that I might just be imagining, I cleared my mind and dozed off picturing her again.   

"Hayden! WAKE UP! PRONTO!"

I jerked and swiftly opened my eyes. Finally pushing her away and focusing on reality, I discerned Tyrell's panicky voice talking inside my brain for real. I immediately checked my clock for confirmation.

"Tyrell!" I gasped, "Is it the sunny two-thirty already? Did I oversleep?"

"No, it is still the night two-thirty."

"I guessed it so. What happened? Is everything okay?"

There was certainly a slight strain in his voice. Tyrell seemed in stress. But I didn't worry about it. That was how he usually reacted whenever he failed to find a matching cap for his shirt.

"Oh, of course," he said, his voice turning screechy, "I am just holding this stupid phone against my ears and actually talking in my mind with you, if you call it is okay."

"Er...what?"

"Look, don't speak, only listen. Dude, I am stuck in jail. You have come and get me out of here."

I stood up, pushing away my blanket, totally dumbstruck. Did he just say jail?

"What! When...how?"

"I can't explain right now. Just come to Bay plain county police station and help me get a bail."

I paused for second to clearly understand his situation. "Are you serious?"

"Wha...now why would you think I would say something like this in the middle of the night?"

I began striding all around my room, scratching my head, my total body shaking with anxiousness. I still wasn't able to understand if this was some kind of joke. I mentally began scrutinizing the calendar. This wasn't Fool's Day. It was neither my birthday for him to trick me into something like that nor his birthday, nor anyone else's.

"You are stuck in jail?" I asked again, "J-A-I-L jail?"

"Yes, Mr. Smarty pants!"

"Alright," I said quickly, "Just stay put. I will talk to Doctor."

"No!" he squeaked, sounding terrified, "Do not tell Doctor. He will be so mad. If he comes to know I sneaked out of the academy late in the night, he will ground me for lifetime."

I hung my head, shoulders slumping and placing my hand on my hip.

"Then why the hell did you sneak out, without even telling us?"

"Look, stop asking questions." his voice suddenly turned low, "This police officer is now right across me with not only his eyes, but his ears and nose and everything upon me. I cannot explain. For the love of god, understand."

"Okay, I get it," I said quickly not wanting all the details, "what do you want me to do? You know I can't walk outside the academy. I am still a super wanted criminal. And out of all places you are stuck in a police station, thank you very much."