24. Thereokinesis (Part 1)

"Three minutes," said Jyran, cold-heartedly, "Only three minutes. You better ask him if he has any last wish, Hayden Mackay."

I was crying on his fatally body unceasingly, hands clenched at collar of his jacket, and so was Nazira, standing at the same spot, completely frozen. Her sniffs and slow mourns, which unfortunately only I can hear, were crushing and squeezing my heart, dizzying and disorienting me.

It felt like there was a heavyweight my heart was holding. And it hurt even more looking into those teary lifeless eyes of his, that had no personality anymore.

Jyran laughed on stating the last minutes my friend had. His raucous laughter and his irritating voice was suddenly turning me into someone I was refraining myself to become. He was my friend's father and until now I was just hoping for a family bond that I was deprived of.

"Cry Hayden, cry," he said, without possibly knowing that his voice was provoking me, "this boy's death should make you feel sorry for everything you said to me."

I slowly looked up at him, through my unbroken stream of tears. Watching his smug look was heating my body, anger boiling up in my system as a hot lava.

"I am too indebted to your grandfather to let me live that I am still unable to kill you this instant," he said, "probably going after someone else without a stone will make you feel sorrier."

He was turning his head to glare eerily at Nazira. She gasped, certainly understanding his intention and stepped back in horror.

He messed up with Tyrell, he killed my friend right in front of my eyes, now he was making an attempt to hurt her? A newborn monster aroused inside me, giving me a sensation that I never felt for anyone before, not even for my friends. It was sending me a strange anonymous vibe that he was about to target something that belonged only to me, and that my whole life was dependent on it.

Sharp pain in my head commenced as soon as he took a step towards her. He was making me weak just like earlier, when he had attacked Pruthvi. But this time I wouldn't let him make me vulnerable, not when it was the matter of my own life.

Not caring about the chronic pain in my head that was too much to handle, not caring that I was in an anguished misery watching my friend on lifeline, I made up my mind to do it- something that I should have done right after he broke an ice about what he had done to my dear friend Tyrell.

I put Pruthvi down on the floor, gritted my teeth to not to succumb to pressure my head was causing. Chest heaving, I rose myself up and kicked my heels to run as fast as I could. He turned around noticing me and my hands burning with hot fiery fire, and not to mention I didn't even command my stone at all. His mouth gaped open in shock watching me move even with my head bleeding with the pain.

Reaching closer, and before Jyran could perform any of his magic on me, I gripped both of his hand and twisted it hard, till his bones melt. He fell down on the floor on his knees, withering. He shrieked and I was immensely liking watching him in that agonizing pain. His shriek was giving me the same amount of pleasure that he had taken on hurting Tyrell and Pruthvi. It was unlikely of me to enjoy someone suffer that way, especially when I knew that he was my friend's father, but I couldn't let this feeling go waste. I was completely different person now and I knew it very well. I couldn't resist anyway. He was about to hurt her, nothing else mattered to me more than her at that time.

My hand, as if it was detached off my nervous system, instantly went too far to grab his neck and crushed it. I didn't even mind if my bare hand was going to tear his throat out. His skin was burning, I could sense the strong burning aroma coming right through his neck muscle. He was choking and gagging, his eyes bulged out. For the moment I forgot that I was killing a person even after when Doctor had warned me not to take such an extreme step. I kept on increasing my pressure on him, I just wanted him dead.