22. Atmayukta (Part 2)

"How can Tyrell not remember this?" asked Pruthvi, bewildered. "Hayden, remember what he told us that day?"

I nodded numbly.

Jyran replied to our uncertainties. "I have been erasing his memories each and every night that I visited him. I am not called a supreme warlock for nothing."

He turned around to stand at a different place trying to explain what had happened to Tyrell that night. "You see, Tyrell came with me. He was excited to find out who I was and why I was calling him as my son. I told him my entire story. He was devastated at first knowing his mother's betrayal. But thanks to his pure soul, he wouldn't believe me anyhow, not even after I showed him his mother's last letter."

"He didn't accept you and your atrocious demands," I said, already predicting what could have happened then, "You erased his memories and left him there, all alone, in the world where he isn't allowed to use his stone."

"Well, I knew Doctor or atleast his friends might come and get him. Believe it or not, I have a implicit faith in his choice of friends."

"This doesn't prove at all about Tyrell giving you permission for your stupidity."

Jyran fingers deftly searched for another bead from his chain and recited a command soundlessly. The screen shimmered and colors formed forming into Tyrell bedroom.

For once I thought why was he even interested to show us the truth, if it was some kind of trick to forcibly diminish our fondness for Tyrell. But can anything in the world has the power to do that? I think not!

He was crying with pain again. He was pleading for it to stop...again. My eyes filled watching him in that poor condition. He must have been enduring the same intense pain almost each and every night and I had no idea about it. I averted my eyes away from the screen unable to watch him suffer. There was so much going on in his life and we always thought about Celina being the reason for his sudden change.

"STOP IT! PLEASE STOP IT!"

Tyrell's heart wrenching voice squeezed my heart. He was on his knees beside Jyran's feet begging him to stop giving him pain.

"Try to use your stone, I swear I'll give you more pain."

"I'LL NOT. I PROMISE."

Within a span of few seconds, Tyrell removed his hand from his head, panting and wiping his sweat around his temple.

"Who are you?" he asked, his voice shaking, "What are you doing in my bedroom?"

I heard Jyran clicking his tongue. "Tyrell, Tyrell, same question each and everyday. Aren't you getting bored of it?"

"What?" said Tyrell, aghast, who had his memories erased.

He snapped his hand and Tyrell was startled. He rubbed his temple feeling a little uneasy.

"Now remember me?" asked Jyran, in a sarcastic voice.

Tyrell face was filled with utter shock and his eyes started streaming. He was batting his eyes dramatically, and  it took about a few seconds for him to find his voice.

"I am still feeling the pain," he said, his expression fierce and deadly, unlike him at all, "You promised me I won't feel anything."

I and Pruthvi glanced at each other warily, uncertain of what was happening. Was Tyrell really asking for it? No, nothing in the world can make me believe that.

"Patience, my boy," said Jyran in the screen, "As a father, it becomes my responsibility to fulfil your wishes."

The scene changed. Before the colors formed I nervously looked at Jyran. I so wanted to smack that smug grim on his face, and I was about to react on my impulse.