5. Drishtika Messenger (Part 1)

I was in a wrong notion. The tomorrow Doctor was talking about never existed. I was under an impression that if I managed to get my Constellia out, my job was done. But little did I know that that my challenge has actually just begun. As a matter of fact, I realized I was happier in those days of my constant failed efforts to pull him out of his universe.

Singh did appear on my each call. But he came out only to tell me that he was least bothered and he couldn't care less to get trained with me. I was sure he appeared only because he was scared of Naag. I wished Naag was strict enough with him from the beginning, atleast I wouldn't have fallen behind my friends for sure.

Everyone was now aware that my Constellia was a real lion. Obviously they were terrified to be anywhere around me. Even Pruthvi and Leena decided to spend minimum time with me. They said if Singh didn't need a command to leave, then probably he wouldn't need it to suddenly appear. It took me forever to explain it to them that Singh wasn't as loyal to me as their Constellias were. Even Doctor was forced to announce it one fine day during lunch, that Singh was just like any other Constellia and in no way harmful. Yet none of Samagraha agreed to get trained with me being around them, until and unless they were sure. I had no other choice but to be all alone during the afternoons with Singh, trying to make friends with him, to make him agree that we needed to buckle up and get into some action like everybody else.

"We need to get trained," I exclaimed, incredulously, "Really trained. You have to listen to me Singh. Or atleast try. I haven't even seen you doing a single formation. Do you even know how well others are doing? Do you even talk to any of your associates?"

"Save your breath," Singh said, casually, seated down on the floor and wagging his tail, "You will need it to blow up your girlfriend later."

I stiffened, trying hard not to think about her. "I don't have a girlfriend."

"Is it?" he said, watching me with his sharp round pupils, "Now you are really making me jealous of the people you haven't met."

I immediately stood akimbo, sucking the retort that impulsively came up to me.

"Why do you insult me?" I asked instead.

"I don't insult you, I describe you."

"Hey, you talk all about choosing someone else as your master. But you know what, you will not find anyone like me."

Singh made a gurgling sound, which I thought of a scoff. "Wasn't that my point?"

There went my another disastrous session.

Days flew by quickly. Pruthvi and Leena were now trying to be comfortable staying around me. The only person who preferred to stay alone most of the time was Tyrell. He rarely talked to us and when he did, it was only for his own good. Everything seemed to be different with him now. We did our best to ask him in all possible ways about the matter with him. I tried to explain it to him that what was making Celina unable to visit the academy. I also suggested him to take Doctor's permission to use the Gates to visit her once, but it seemed there was nothing I can say that could make him feel better.

"I am fine," he had snapped, "Nothing is wrong with me, why don't you guys get it?"

Frankly speaking, I didn't get it. I have been living with him for only nine months, and surprisingly it was enough for me to see how much he has changed. Sometimes he wasn't even bothered to join us during the meals and on our frequent walks around the lake. He was interested in staying all alone inside his bedroom. I was sure he was keeping his stone aside to not to get bugged by it all the time. Missing one of my friends in the form of Celina was already there, and on top of it, Tyrell not being himself was making this awful feeling worse.