19. Lifting the Curse

"Tyrell! Tyrell!"

His eyes were steady, his mind ordering his body to fall in line. His opal stone was kept right beside him but he wasn't allowed to use it. He has never felt so worthless before, he hated being powerless. His heart was racing and all he wanted was help from any of his friends. But no one would, no one was there even to listen to him.

It was nearly mid-night, his usual time to talk with Celina, the time when academy remained dead silent and everyone went asleep not to disturb his lone time with her. But from the past one month he wished he wasn't left alone at all. Satisfaction of security was distant, almost negligible. He needed his friends. He needed someone's presence, just to hold his hand to give him the comfort. It was dreadful to think that his own room was turned into hell.

"Tyrell!"

"I can hear you." He finally replied finding tough to keep his voice from quivering.

"When are you coming?" she asked, being all enthusiastic, "Did you ask Doctor? What did he say? When are we announcing it to everyone?"

"I did not ask him."

She gasped. "Why not?"

There was a long pause and his struggle for words was painfully apparent. "I changed my mind."

"What? But why? I thought we finally found a solution."

He swallowed, hating himself to say these to her. "Why should I always do what you want? Why it has to be your call?"

"What?" she whispered, alarmed.

"You ditched academy without even talking to me. You decided never to come back, I was fine with it. Now you are asking me to leave academy to run your business? Why should I do that?"

"Because it was your idea."

"Sure, blame it on me."

"What is wrong with you?" she shrieked. "You told me you were okay with it. You said everything was happening for the best, that it was time to start taking over our responsibilities. We were going to talk to Pruthvi and Leena and Hay... "

"You want me to work for you? Is that what you want?"

"Where is this even coming from? Did I ever say anything that would have meant that? I always said what is mine is yours too. Tyrell, everything is ours."

"How is Ashwant?"

"What?"

"Ashwant Veer. Heard you are seeing him these days."

There was a strained silence yet again, for once Tyrell thought if she has disconnected already.

"How can you even say that?" she whimpered, "I didn't even step out of the bar, how can I....I don't know why am I even explaining it to you."

"He already lives in Dakshinpur. Don't you think he is the better choice?"

"What do you mean?" she howled, "Tyrell, what is that suppose to mean?"

She was calling his name repeatedly, completely terrified, but he had to push her away out of his mind, before he broke down weeping. He was sure he was going to be dead, buried and forgotten by her soon if he kept hurting her that way, only to be alive for someone else he gave a damn about. He looked up with utmost hatred in his eyes, at the person sitting before him as he clapped in appreciation of Tyrell's performance, his beaded chains dangled with his movement.