13. A Supreme Warlock

Indoor air thumped with the sudden loud music and beats pulsated throughout Tyrell's body. He heard Leena's overjoyed laughter mingled with others, dancing like it was jives, twisting and turning, their steps in sync with the music of nineteen eighties. Atmosphere surrounding Tyrell seemed to drown in some kind of traction when he stared up at the man dressed like a bartender who in turn was glaring down at him angrily.

"Who are..."

Before Tyrell could ask the man's details, the latter snapped his fingers. Tyrell's mind swirled in a circle. He pressed his eyes shut and then opened them quickly when subsequent series of events retrieved inside his brain, followed by a sharp blade cut sting.

"What were you thinking?" the man whispered hoarsely.

"I did what I had to do." Tyrell replied, without any guilt in his voice. "Stop erasing my memories, will you? It hurts whenever you force me to remember all at once."

"We need to have a nice long chat," said the man, looking sideways at the one particular person sitting against the slot machine, having his hand on his chin, waiting for the fruits to align. "Just follow me without any question asked."

Tyrell did not like to get orders from this man but he so wanted to know how Ruchin had come back to life and somehow this man was involved in it. He glanced back at Leena and Doctor, only to make sure if they weren't watching him and when he was sure they were busy in their own activities, he immediately slid off the bar stool and followed the man entering through the door with 'Employees Only' metal board hung on it.

Tyrell pushed the door that automatically closed from behind. He found himself walking into a huge chamber. His eyes fell on a couple of young men lying on the floor, their head lolled aside, probably unconscious, one of them was half bared. Left side of the chamber was used up to hold many wooden racks with innumerous number of cardboard boxes stacked all over them. Opposite side of the chamber was occupied by fine number of roof high freezers, that vibrated and groaned with an effort of staying cool. The buzzing sound coming out of the those freezers was too loud for Tyrell that forced him to walk closer to the man. They were now standing face to face, staring into each other's eyes, ready for the argument they both had predicted.

"Talk," Tyrell demanded, unable to bare the silence from him. Somehow it seemed worse than his anger.

"Your mind," he said, "Its getting out of control. I did not expect this from you."

"You did this to me," Tyrell said, stuffing his hands inside his pockets and feeling his stone, "Now face the repercussions."

"I did not force it on you," the man spat, taking a step closer "It was your choice."

"I think we need to talk about Ruchin Daniels," Tyrell said, not liking get blamed, "We may have bigger problems if he blabs about me."

"You don't have to worry about him, worry about yourself. You are getting out of control. I don't want anyone especially Doctor to know anything about it, not just yet."

"Cut the crap, will you?" said Tyrell calmly, even though he want to say it more loudly, "How did Ruchin come back to life? Wasn't my power strong enough to kill him?"

"What do you mean?" asked the man in turn, furrowing his bushy brows, "You have no idea how he came back to life? Haven't you led a life of a Samagraha for almost ten years now?"

"So? What does my life as a Samagraha has anything to do Ruchin Daniels..."

"A Samagraha cannot die!" he shouted, "Didn't Doctor teach you that?"

Tyrell's mouth hung open with lips slightly parted and eyes were as wide as they could stretch. He was temporarily speechless, his brain scrambling to try to make it all sense.