6. Assumption

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Go away!" I mumbled beneath my breath, laying prone on my cozy bed.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Oww!"

Irritated, I placed my pillow on top of my ear, a vain attempt to keep away that incessant sound of knuckles rapping on my door. After getting acquainted with a dreadful news late in the night it took me a while to relax my nerves. It hasn't been an hour since I was sound asleep and now someone was already waking me up. Man, I swear if it is either Pruthvi or Tyrell messing with me, I'll have to beat them up senseless.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Unwillingly, I heaved myself up in a sitting position and checked the time on the clock with my half opened eyes. Finding it was only fifteen minutes to three, my annoyance drastically transformed into immense rage.

Unable to bare the rapping sound anymore, I pushed my blanket away and stomped  over to open my door.

"Who is..."

I yelled but immediately trailed off on finding no one standing outside my room. Knitting my brows, I peeped at all sides of the corridor. It was lightly dimmed and eerily silent, not even a soul lingering outside.  I know this is one of my stupid friends' tricks, I chided and slammed the door shut.

Scratching my head, I walked back towards my bed when another knock on my door made me halt on my tracks.

"What the hell!" I grumbled through my gritted teeth, turning around. I walked swiftly to not let the one blowing my top slip away this time.

I opened the door. Again, I found no one. The corridor was empty. I could feel nothing but a fresh and pleasant air hitting my skin. I frowned...a lot. Still doubting on my friends,  I slowly closed the door but decided to stand right against the door this time.

The knock surfaced again.

I opened the door immediately.

"Gotcha!" I shouted, finally finding the humanly figure standing at the other side of the door.

I stood frozen, eyes wide opened. My blood ran cold and my head was about to give in when my brain recognized who the person was.

"Fire of Vengeance," Zarina Khan said, her eyes glowing with intense hatred, "I await your death!"

My eyes shot open. My head was filled with sharp and alive images. I was just awakened with a mini-heart attack that I literally underwent. Breathing fiercely I lifted my shivering body up. I rubbed the back of my neck, my mind reeling. On mentally pinching myself, I took a sigh of relief that the nightmare wasn't real.

"Hayden!"

Tyrell's voice startled me. Swallowing a heavy bile that was already formed in my throat and fighting my mystifications, I walked over to open the door.

"Glad to find you awake," he said, a smile appearing on his lips.

"Yeah," I whispered, batting my eyelids trying to clear my mind, and walking inside my bedroom.

"Are you okay?" he asked, closing the door behind him, "You look knackered."

"Nothing....just a bad dream."

His features softened and then a twisted his face with a mocking smile. "Dreaming about her?"

I looked up at him. "How do you know?"

"You were?" he said, tittering.

"No, wait," I said, standing straight in a bewilderment. There was no way he could know that I was dreaming about Zarina Khan. "Whom are you talking about?"