11. Criminal Mind (Part 1)

A loud splash of running water brought Tyrell back to his senses. He was standing against the sink faucet washing his hands to clear all the leftovers of the aftershave gel he had just used. He looked up at himself in the mirror above the sink. In his navy blue denim jeans and white broadcloth shirt, with a grey blazer on top of it, he smirked, mentally appreciating for looking quite smart.

He yawned and he was yawning for the third time in the past minute. He was definitely on his bed last night and according to Leena, he even overslept. But he still couldn't remember when and how he had fallen asleep. His eyelids were slightly heavy now, and it was getting harder to keep them open. For a few seconds he was confused, unsure of what he has been doing all night if he wasn't sleeping.

"Dude, are you okay?"

Tyrell then realized that he wasn't alone in the bathroom. Ruchin Daniels was standing beside him. In his midnight blue suit, his shoulder length curly hair stiff with gel, he was so ready to go to the party.

"I am fine," Tyrell said wiping his eyes with water to keep them open.

"You look so grim and you are never like this. Are you feeling left out?" he asked.

Tyrell frowned. "What?"

"Hayden and Pruthvi aren't around, right?" he said, "And Celina ditched academy for good. You must be all alone."

"No. Hayden went to see his aunt and Pruthvi is accompanying him," said Tyrell inventing a lie but he didn't bother to speak anything about Celina, "They should be back soon. Besides, Leena is here taking care of me."

"Oh, I completely forgot," he said, turning towards him placing his hand on the sink countertop, "So how are you doing? You were such a mess yesterday."

"I am fine," Tyrell said, his face expressionless, "yesterday was just a bad day."

"I am sure it was," he said smilingly and then kept staring at him.

Tyrell averted his eyes uninterested to speak with him anymore. He wiped his hands with a paper towel and then shoved it away into the nearby dustbin. He started walking past Ruchin to get out of the bathroom. Leena was waiting for him for more than half an hour already and he didn't want to hear her naggings for being late.

"So who was he?" Ruchin said suddenly making Tyrell stop on his tracks.

He whirled around quickly to face him. "Sorry?"

"There was a man in your room and the voice wasn't Doctor's or anyone else's. Did someone visit you last night?"

Tyrell scoffed. "There was no one in my room last night. You must be dreaming."

"I was not and I am pretty sure I wasn't sleep-walking either. I think my hearing powers are working pretty darn well these days. I heard someone else's voice apart from yours. But believe me it was completely unintentional. I have nothing to do with your personal life..."

"There was someone else in my room?"

Tyrell stifled a faint cough and he began to realize his mind taking control over his body. Although this was the chance, Ruchin can actually tell him everything that had happened to him last night but his mind was obstructing him to do so. There was sharp sting as a blade cut in his head, that suddenly made him remember the man he had pictured earlier. Watching Ruchin standing before him also made him aware of something he was told about him earlier.

"I hexed your room for anyone to hear our voices, but that doesn't mean you can shout as per your will. Ruchin Daniels is still a threat to us, remember?"

"What else did you here?" Tyrell asked slowly walking towards him.

He is a threat! He is a threat! His mind kept reiterating.

"You were talking about Hayden," he replied and then knitted his brow, "Hey, what's up with your eyes?"

Tyrell could clearly sense his eyes burning, yet his insides were so calm and composed, feeling nothing for this person standing before him.

He is just a useless Breaking Samagraha and he is nothing to me.

"Just answer my question. What-else-did-you-hear?" he asked, sounding dangerous.

"Dude, are you okay?" Ruchin asked, taking a step back.

"You will not speak about this with anyone," Tyrell demanded with an angry tone, gritting his teeth.

"Why not? Tyrell, you are scaring me. I think you need help."

Without waiting for his reply Ruchin began to walk past him, slightly brushing his shoulder.

Tyrell spun around, exhaled a hot breath and commanded his stone.

"ELECTRO SURGE FORMATION!"

Pale blue electricity zoomed out his palm racing ahead to hit Ruchin's back. A thunderous scream surfaced out of Ruchin's throat. But before his scream could penetrate outside the bathroom, Tyrell ran with a jet speed and cupped his hand against Ruchin's mouth, shutting it tight. Ruchin tried to get away from his grip. Tyrell immediately caught Ruchin's wrist by his current free hand and squeezed, twisting it hard from behind. Electricity was still travelling through Ruchin's mouth, passing through each of his nerves and making his eyes bulge out as a result of the excruciating pain Tyrell was giving him.

"Don't you dare walk away from me," Tyrell hissed, his lips almost touching Ruchin's ear, "Believe me Daniels, it's your fault that you are going to die today."

Tyrell Kissler has always been a kind of guy who preferred to hurt himself first before he could let anyone else suffer especially because of him. Had his soul was awakened right now, he could have been extremely devastated, watching himself hurting his fellow Samagraha. But it was made sure for his soul to go sound asleep deep inside his body and surprisingly Tyrell was liking it. He has never felt so empty, so hollow in his entire life. There were no feelings that could keep limitations from doing all sorts of atrocities his criminal mind was desiring. It was as if he was free of everything that could stand in between him and his powerful stone he was so proud of.

Ruchin was everything Tyrell wasn't. He was taller and bulkier. If Tyrell wasn't that magically strong, he could have easily freed himself. Continuous flow of electricity travelling from Tyrell's hand all through Ruchin's body was diminishing his strength, making him vulnerable. Breaking Samagraha never mingled with Formation Samagraha only because of the fact that they were scared of their deadly powers, they were scared that the later can easily hurt them. Tyrell and others always had a good laugh on their nonsensical belief. But now Tyrell himself was making their fears come true. He was hurting him so much...so much that his powers were becoming reason for the stoppage of Ruchin's heart.

For a couple of more minutes Tyrell, without any hesitancy, passed his electricity through Ruchin's mouth till the later forcefully gave up on struggling. And when he was finally motionless, Tyrell slowly unclenched his teeth, loosening his hand, switching his current off and finally let Ruchin go. He proudly smiled sensing the burning opal in his pocket and watching his very first victim fallen on the bathroom floor flat without any movement in his muscle.

Tyrell inhaled deeply and set his blazer straight. He stepped over the dead body and dashed off the crime scene.

It was now time to go to that party with Leena.