18. Her

Author's Note: I whole heartedly dedicate this much awaited chapter to my dear friends vidhu25 ChocoRiz AnyaSharma97 SayanSahoo Sriram_Gudimella bookloverng likhitha9 joshidhawal ErzaCrist and many more whom I can't tag right now. Even though the title of the chapter says it all, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it down. I can't thank you enough for the support you are giving me. Thanks a lot :)

*********************************************************

"Just tell me where are you?" I asked, being all enthusiastic on finally hearing from Pruthvi.

          "There's a huge empty land right besides Rawat's palace," he said, "I am trying to handle but....Hayden, I need you help. Please! Hurry!"   

Nervousness crept up on me. I couldn't help but find Pruthvi's voice drowned in utmost fear, and I was hearing him asking for my help in that sort of voice for the very first time. He had just asked me to save his sister. Did this mean, he had found her already and now both of them are in trouble?

I turned around at Ashwanth who was gazing at me all amused, talking to Pruthvi blankly in the air. I blinked as I reverted my mind back to the information he was about to give me. We still had a lot to talk. Letting myself know about the curse was the most pivotal information for my own good. But the two seconds chat with Pruthvi has suddenly changed everything. Saving his sister was the priority now rather than the stone that one way or another was eventually going to lead to my death. 

As soon as the connection between me and Pruthvi dropped, I formally informed Ashwanth. "I would have stayed and helped you, but I really need to go."

"Alright," he mumbled looking around at the people, "I might have to go to Daulah Haat to buy some medicinal herbs and inform my father about this."

"I am sorry?" I asked, remembering my scroll that was hidden inside my jacket, "Daulah Haat?"

"It's Rawat's marketplace where we buy basic needs. But these...."

"Thank you," I interjected, without offending him, "That's all I needed to know. I will meet you later."

He nodded watching me step back. I spun around, keeping my focus on the forest that I was about to pass through. I barely remembered the path I had taken earlier when I had followed Ashwant through the forest. I kicked my heels and began running towards a random direction trusting my intuition. I was able to feel my heart rate increase, my whole mind fixed on Pruthvi and his sister. I was only wishing for them to not to be in so trouble as he had sounded to be.

I was now deep inside the forest and it was getting dimmer. I had to keep tracks of all the areas where most of the sunlight was penetrating. That took me good amount of time to get out of the forest, than it had taken before. Finally reaching out of the forest and feeling contented for having a glance at the palace once again, I looked around for the land Pruthvi had informed me. Just the right side of the palace seemed to be a free land with few trees and snow across the water body.

I sprinted towards the land looking at all the directions for my friend. I called his name twice but he didn't answer me. My jog suddenly slowed when I sensed the ground beneath my feet shaking. It was pounding indicating occurrence of an earthquake. Then I understood Pruthvi was somewhere around here and that I was on right tracks.