4. Singh-The King (Part 2)

I slowly turned around to face Blythe Wayne, the one with the power of enhanced visionary termed Ophthalmendis- the power to see the minute objects in the world. Tyrell told me once that he could even count a mosquito's heart rate only by just watching it. He was also the shortest person in the academy. He was so short that on raising his hand, it could only reach my shoulder. I also heard it was his biggest turn off and that's the reason he kept himself away from others.

"Hello," I said, trying to be nice.

"What is going on?" he asked looking up at me as if he was looking at the roof.

"Er...everything is good," I said, seriously believing that that was what he asked.

"No," he said, shaking his head, "You don't understand. I meant what is happening with us?"

I frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"You...you know what I mean," he said, getting impatient, "You and Doctor, you are closer to him than anyone else. I can see that."

"I don't know what you are saying," I said, feeling a little uncertain, "I have to go..."

"No wait," he said taking more than three steps to stop me where I took only one, "You know why we are special right? I have been watching. You and Tyrell and Pruthvi...you have been disappearing suddenly, and Leena and Celina too. What...what... happened to Celina? Where is she? Last time she was with you guys and she never came back."

I licked my upper lip feeling slightly intimidated. That was what I was afraid of. I knew some day or the other Breaking Samagraha might suspect us. I seriously considered if that day was today. I looked away from him trying to frame a story.

"Celina went to check on her brothers," I said, "I don't know when she is coming back."

"I don't believe it," he said, quickly, "There is something you... Formation Samagraha and Doctor...you all are hiding from me...us. Ruchin suspects you too. He said he heard you talking."

"There is nothing..."

"You know what happened to my parents, right? You know who killed them?"

"Look, trust me, there is nothing you need to know..."

"Back off Blythe."

A stronger voice interrupted me. I looked over Blythe's head to find Tyrell marching down towards us.

"Do you have a problem?" he asked violently leaning down towards Blythe.

"I was just..." He stammered.

"Why are you bothering my friend? Didn't I tell you to act as per your stature."

He wasn't bothering me!

Tyrell was being rash. I was scared if he might lose his control over the shorter boy. I noticed Pruthvi and Leena, standing at a distance , weren't coming over to stop him.

"I...I..." Blythe shivered when Tyrell's face turned stern, eyes totally red.

"It's okay," I said trying to calm him down, "I can handle it."

"Don't you ever bother my friend again," he shouted at Blythe, ignoring me, sparks flying from the corners of his fingers, "UNDERSTAND!"

Blythe jumped back, terrified.

Pruthvi was watching all the drama with his widened eyes and mouth open. Leena seemed as if she was about to cry, yet they didn't come over. I, on the other hand, wasn't impressed with the way he was behaving. I wasn't able to control my anger now.