Chapter 2: Unexpected

Lilyanne's POV

"Lilyanne get up! The guests will be here soon and it's not time for you to sleep!" My mother yelled while drawing back my curtains.

The light filled my room causing my head to pound instantly. I guess that's what I got for drinking so much.

"I'm moving mother, I promise this won't happen again..."

She glared at me and then turned on her heels elegantly leaving the room. Oh how I hated her.

Faith was standing in the corner next to a light blue dress and a towel in her hands. Slowly I made my way towards her and started to get cleaned up.

She curled my hair and put on a light amount of make up, and to top it all off she placed my fragile crown on my head.

"Thank you" I told Faith as I looked at my figure in the mirror.

Everything hugged my body and my blue dress made my blue eyes stand out.

"Of course" Faith said while bowing and leaving.

The slam of my bedroom door closing made my heart pound and my head ache.

"Lilyanne! Now!" I heard my mother yell.

She was a mother to me and always will be but she is very hard. Always rude and possessive.

Soon I was downstairs standing next to my father and mother waiting for our guests.

"You behave yourself Lilyanne, understand?" My mother scolded.

"Yes mother, always" I nodded.

"Here they come!" My father announced as he saw the limo pull up.

I looked down to fix my gown and saw that I forgot to put on our family pin.

"Mother I must go fetch my pin I left it on the dresser!"

She rolled her eyes and waved her wrist letting me go.

My heels clicked as I took each step to my room.

"Thank goodness!" I cried when the pin was untouched.

Each kingdom had a pin they had to wear around other kingdoms when you introduce yourselves. It was a really old tradition, but it signified how much you respected your kingdom. If I was caught without it my goodness there would be hell to pay.

As I ran down the stairs I could hear chatter amongst my parents and the guests .

"Sorry to be late" I announced as I entered the room.

"Don't be" Romero waved his hand. He turned around and started to speak again"this is my daughter Annabeth, she is 20 just as you."

I stood a little confused because I thought she was much younger than me, but she just nodded her head and so did I.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, we will be such good friends!" She said.

"And I you."

Romero then stepped out of the way and everything slowed down, "this is my son Erin, Annabeth and him are twins."

Everything from last night came flooding back. The way his lips brushed up against mine, and the way his hands roamed my body.

Erin and I had locked glances with each other wearing nervous looks. Then the corners of his mouth turned up into a smile. Slowly he walked forward and grabbed my hand.

"Lovely to meet you Lily-anne" he said while kissing my hand.

"It's lovely to meet you too, Erin" I blushed.