Chapter 10: Reflection

Lilyanne's POV

It was one hour until the feast started.

All types of guests were visiting. Some I knew and others I didn't care to get to know.

"Miss, are you done with your shower?" Faith called on the other side of the door.

"Yes Faith you may come in!" I called out to her.

She ran in all giddy and full of excitement, "your going to love this dress! It's stunning!"

Within seconds she blindfolded my eyes with a simple tie.

I stepped into a soft fabric that was really stretchy.

"Ready?" Faith cheered.

"Of course" I laughed.

She whisked away the blindfold and I turned around.

My mouth flew open in awe. It was a Black and Tan dress with a black laced pattern. Beads sat at the neckline down to my shoulders. It hugged my simple frame, showing off my tiny baby bump.

"There is a slit on the side and it's very flexible because I know you like riding your horse down to the pond to watch the fireworks."

I engulfed her into a hug, "thank you so much Faith!"

"You're welcome, I'm just doing my job!" She giggled.

As I sat down in the chair she handed me a pair of black flats and a simple necklace.

"Where did this necklace come from?" I asked.

"You will find out, I promise" she winked.

Soon she finished curling my hair and letting it fall down to my back. She placed on my eye shadow, mascara, and lip gloss. Then she added my crown, simple yet showing massive power.

"Have fun!" She yelled as I walked down the hallway.

Glancing at my tiny wrist watch it was 5 minutes until 7 and that is when the party began.

"Lilyanne, shame on you for being late!" My mother chastised me.

"Sorry I won't be late again" I said sternly.

"King and Queen your guests have arrived!" A guard announced.

We stepped forward greeting everyone, and when everyone had arrived the celebration began.

The food was set out and the ballroom music started to play.

I walked over to the table and ate as much as possible without being stopped.

"What a beautiful piggie" a voice laughed from behind me.

"Very funny Dax..." I tried to be mean, but instead I turned around and embraced him in a warm hug.

"I haven't seen you in weeks, since you are in 'prince training', it's like my mother is purposefully keeping us apart!" I whined.

"It's crazy b-" he was cut off by my mother announcing stuff over the microphone.

"As you all know Lilyanne our daughter is expecting a child in six months, and I would like the father and princess to start off the tonights first dance!"