Chapter 24: Don't let me be right

Erin's POV

"No Lily!" I cried, "open your eyes!"

I turned around to find that Conor, my father, and Lily's father had killed everyone.

My father was at Annabeth's side while Conor and Lily's father ran to me.

"What do you suggest we do?" I asked looking up at them with tears running down my face.

"Let's get her to the infirmary!" Her father yelled while Conor was pale and shocked as to what was going on.

I picked up Lily and held her in my arms.

Quickly we made our way through the bloody hallways to the doctor.

"Help! Help us!" I screamed entering the wing.

Doctors peaked around the corner realizing that we were not the criminals.

"Set her here," a nurse said pointing to a bed.

Within seconds she was changed into a gown and hooked up to machines.

"We need to take her back for surgery to remove the knife, the babies need to be removed..." the doctor told me.

"It's too early!" I told them.

"She is in her 33rd week, the babies will be fine but will need to be monitored."

I nodded my head while running a hand through my hair, this was happening.

A nurse tapped me on the shoulder handing me a hair cover, a mask, and a gown.

I looked up at her father and brother, they nodded to me and pat me on the back.

"Go be a father," Conor told me.

Slipping on the items I followed the same nurse into a room with Lilyanne laying on the table.

Right as I held Lilyanne's hand the doctor announced he was starting to cut.

I glanced down at Lilyanne's face. She looked like a ghost and I choked back more tears that were about to surface.

"I'm sorry darling that this is happening, please stay with us. Our babies need a mother too. I can't lose anyone else, please" I cried silently.

A loud piercing cry broke the silence of the room.

My head turned around to find the doctor taking out a baby, my baby.

"Baby A, a girl" the doctor spoke.

I walked over to the nurse cleaning off my baby girl.

Her body was so tiny and so fragile.

I grabbed her tiny hand as it caressed my pointer finger.

"Baby B, a boy" the doctor said again.

The room only held the cry of my baby girl and I turned around to find my son lifeless in the arms of a nurse.

She took him and placed him on the table next to his sister.

"Why isn't he crying?" I asked as the nurse placed something down his throat.

"He is struggling for air, his lungs may not be fully developed" she informed me.

Turning around I watched my baby girl get placed in a container and pushed away.

"Sir you need to leave now," the doctor said.

I looked at Lilyanne, they had moved to her chest and were about to start.

"The more we wait the quicker she dies!" The doctor yelled, "leave!"

I picked up my feet and rushed out of the room.

Running into the bathroom I took off all my medical stuff and threw up.

They couldn't die, I needed them. I needed Lilyanne.

I slid down the wall and cried.

I cried for my mother, for Lilyanne, and for my babies.

My world was falling apart.

Is this what Lilyanne felt all these years? Was my princess in pain this much?

I felt useless. I couldn't protect my princess and my children.

"Get the hell up!" a familiar voice told me.

I looked up to find Dax leaning against a bathroom stall.

"What? How are you-"

"It doesn't matter how I am here, all that matters is that you get your ass up and take care of your family! You are a father so go be one and stand next to your kids!" Dax yelled.

"I couldn't protect them" I cried.

"Well right now you are going to get up and stand in the waiting room for your kids and news about Lily. Yes, a lot is going on but you are going to stop pouting and take on your new responsibilities. They all need someone out there waiting for them and that is you."

I nodded glancing at the floor, "you're right."

"Don't let me be right about you being a one-night stand prick" he laughed.

"Oh shut up" I laughed a little.

I looked up to find that he was gone.

Standing up I splashed water on my face. Looking in the mirror I ran my fingers through my hair and took a breath. They were all going to be just fine.