Chapter 8: Confession

Lilyanne's POV

I sat there in the underground hospital room watching over Erin. My heart hurt, he was hurt protecting me.

Everything just played in slow motion over and over again. The guns, Erin getting shot, and worst of all Erin's eyes rolling back into his head. That memory was the worst on repeat.

I watched his body lay on the bed with a small amount of machines hooked to him. I thought the bullet had grazed him but he had also been shot elsewhere. One in his lower abdomen and the bullet that grazed him.

It had been 5 hours since the attack and 2 since he got out of surgery. His family and my family visited him and left leaving me here. But my mothers words rang in my head, "your going back down to the dungeon soon for letting our guest get hurt."

I hated going down there but as long as Erin got better I wouldn't mind another night.

"Erin, I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm sorry. I bring trouble everywhere I go and I brought it to you. You mean a lot to me and our child. I was mad at you because you didn't want to stick up for your child and be the father so someone else stepped up. Please wake up we need you" I cried softly as tears ran down my face.

A hand reached up and wiped my tears, "Darling I'm not going anywhere."

I looked up to find dark brown eyes looking right into mine with a weak smile. Those eyes were captivating and I could melt right into his warmth.

I grasped his hand and pulled it to my chest looking at the floor, "oh my goodness you are okay."

"Darling I'm fine, but look at me" he whispered.

My eyes met his and he tightened his grip on my hands, "you do not bring trouble everywhere you go, you are perfect Darling."

I could feel my cheeks heat up, "no I'm not."

"Well to me you are" he said while pulling my hands to his lips kissing the top of them.

Something inside of me was feeling warm and soft. I couldn't quite describe it but Erin was making me feel things, different things.

----------

Dax's POV

I stood at the doorway of the hospital room about to walk in and comfort Lily. She was hurting and I could see it. I heard what her mother told her after everyone left the room and I was livid, but she's the queen so I had to hold my tongue.

"Please wake up we need you" she cried finishing her speech.

She needs him? He's the dick here! He left her!

All of a sudden his hand moved to her face as he opened his eyes and smiled.

"Darling I'm not going anywhere" he told her.

Darling? What the hell he doesn't get a nickname for her!

I saw all weight lift from her shoulders as she hugged his hand minding his injured body. I couldn't quite tell what they were talking about but he then lifted her hands and kissed them.

That was it for me, I turned around and walked to my assigned bedroom underground.

I hate him with her! Everything about him made me cringe. He treated her and the baby like crap. Apparently I wasn't good at dropping hints to Lily, as if stepping up as the father wasn't one?

Storming into my room I kicked the bed and then punched the metal wall. Damn it! That hurt!

Looking around pictures of Lily and I lined the walls. We came down here as kids and sat in my emergency room. No one came down here and it was like our own little secret. She was the queen and I was the king ruling our own little land.

Her blue eyes and light brown hair filled every picture with joy laughing as a little green eyed boy made her laugh. Those days were simple and fun but now it was hard and confusing.

This girl was driving me crazy, but what else do you expect from someone you are in love with?
-------------------
Awe Dax!

Who do you like more? Dax or Erin?