Chapter 16: Him/Her?

Lilyanne's POV

I laid in the dark with myself buried in Erin's arms. His warmth was comforting and safe.

Not once since he had cleaned me had we spoken. Every time he touched me, it was gentle and delicate.

I had no choice but to tell him about my mother and her ways. He had seen me at my all time low and he deserved an explanation.

"Erin" I said, "are you awake?"

"Of course Darling, what do you need?" he said quickly.

My whole body shifted slowly, feeling every inch of pain. Soon my face was directly looking at him.

"You deserve an answer" I stated.

"I don't need to know if you don't want to tell me..."

"Well I am Erin, I need you to know"

His hand slipped up from the covers and grabbed my hand, "I'm listening."

I poured everything out to him as tears fell down my face. It was like reliving those moments by telling him but I had to. I told him about the dungeon and the creepy guy in the basement and how my mother punished me terribly. 

"That's where I have been for the last three months..." I cried.

Erin's arms tightened around my body, he was mad.

"Darling who else knows?" He asked.

"Dax, and two other servants..."

He nodded his head and kissed my forehead, "thank you for telling me but now let's go to sleep, tomorrow is a new day."

I buried myself deeper into his arms and closed my eyes, maybe everything would be alright?

The next day I woke up and Erin was gone. I quickly slipped out of bed and got in the shower, letting the warm water run down my body.

Stepping out I looked at myself in the mirror. My breasts had gotten bigger and my stomach was growing. I decided that today I would go to the doctor and check up on the baby.

I threw on a simple long baby blue dress, and some baby blue flats. My hair was pulled into a bun, with the crown set atop.

Limping through the hallways I walked towards Erin's room. Would he be happy with the little ones gender? What if the baby wasn't doing well?

Erin just then flew around the corner almost bumping into me, "Woah!" I laughed.

"Sorry Darling I didn't see you there, what are you doing?"

"I came to find you, I am going to the doctor and I might find out the gender... do you want to go?"

He smiled ear to ear and nodded his head, "I would like that very much."

Hand in hand we walked to the doctor wing.

"Do you want a boy or girl?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I would be perfectly content with either."

"Took the words right out of my mouth" he said squeezing my hand.

Eventually we made it into the office and into a small room with an ultrasound machine.

"I'm nervous" I laughed.

While pulling me into a hug the door flew open as he whispered, "Darling he or she will be perfect".

A doctor in light purple scrubs walked in with a clip board, "hello Lilyanne and Erin, I'm doctor Rue."

Erin stepped towards her shaking her hand as I leaned over the small bed and shook her hand as well.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"I'm just sore but other than that I'm perfectly fine" I lied.

"And would you two like to figure out the gender today?"

Erin and I both spoke at the same time, "yes!"

Dr. Rue stepped back a little bit from being startled, "alright then, let's get started."

I laid back down and lifted my dress showing off my battered legs and black underwear.

The doctor just looked at me but didn't say anything.

Soon she was moving a little wand around my skin with some gel.

"so far everything is looking fantastic! Here is the heart beat" she pointed out.

My eyes fell upon Erin's and he was keeping the tears at bay, gently he squeezed my hand and then kissed it.

"Ten toes and ten fingers" she said to herself counting, "and well here you go your having a..."

Erin and I watched the screen but the gender wasn't coming out of her mouth.

"Goodness the child moved and I couldn't get it" she laughed.

I took another breath calming myself.

"Well you two, congratulations on a baby girl..." she said.

Erin and I smiled ear to ear, our baby was going to be a little girl.

"and a baby boy! You're having twins!" the nurse finished.

Twins were sometimes really rare, and the fact that I was having them left me speechless.

My face fell and I looked at Erin in shock, two?

He watched my face go blank so he embraced me in a hug, "Darling you won't ever be like your mother. You will be fantastic..." he whispered knowing exactly what to say.

My eyes went back to the screen and saw two babies, two. A girl and boy to love and cherish, forever. To protect them from all dangers, including my mother.

Walking out into the hallway Erin held my hand and placed his free hand on my stomach, "how did I ever get so lucky?" he questioned.

"I would never know, I mean I have to you thank that we are having twins" I giggled leaning up against his arm.

"How did I play a part in us having twins?" he looked at me confused.

"Because you are a twin and that raises our chances" I smiled while rubbing my belly.

Rounding the corner we came face to face with the one person I had been dreading to see.

Erin's shoulders tensed up and held me tighter, after what he told my mother Erin was mad.

"Dax leave" Erin's voice demanded.

"No and not until I talk to Lilyanne!" Dax yelled like a crazed man.

I shook my head and turned the other way with Erin still at my side, "not now."