Chapter 19: Esphen

Erin's POV

My fist connected with the guys face for the millionth time, "where the hell are they!" I screamed.

His head tilted back and swayed side to side, nothing.

It had been one night since they were taken. One night that my family had been ripped apart.

Whoever these people were, they were trained not to say anything. Apparently they weren't trained to be quiet and hidden because I caught him behind a bush.

My hand reached for my pistol in my pocket, "I'm going to give you to the count of three before I pop a cap in every limb you own!" I barked.

His eyes went wide and he trembled with fear, "nn..no please I..I have chhildreen" he stuttered.

"My girlfriend is pregnant with my children! Help me out! You can walk away from all of this!"

You could see the debate going on in his head and then finally I got my answer, "they are with Esphen! In the left corner of the kingdom, Pulem" he cried.

"Thank you" I said walking away.

Who was Esphen?

Slowly I walked to Conor, he probably knows.

Reaching the servants kitchen, all eyes landed on me. Within seconds I found the eyes I needed.

"Conor!" I called.

He ran over with a sad face, "find them yet?" He asked.

"No but one of his men said Esphen has them?"

Conor stepped back and rubbed his temples, "that bastard!"

I continued to stare at him.

"Esphen is the guy she was engaged to at 12 years old and at the time he was 16. He began to forcefully do terrible things to her but she refused and then her dad found out and cancelled it all."

How could this guy hurt her like this?

"I'm leaving then" I said turning around.

Conor grabbed my arm and turned me around, "and I'm coming with you."

I nodded my head and walked out to gather some men.

Once we were on the road, Conor and I sat in the backseat of the jeep.

"Do you think she's alive?" I asked Conor.

"She's very strong Erin, more than you know" he patted my shoulder.

I watched out the window as time went by, I still hadn't eaten breakfast yet. The light sun was just barley making it past the mountains, and into the sky.

My mind floated to my kids, were they hurt? I could feel the palms of my hands getting sweaty. Yes, they were going to be fine.

"Sir we are here" a guards voice said.

Jumping out of the car I cocked my gun back and held it out forward, "we find Lilyanne and Dax then get out!" I screamed.

At this point my adrenaline was extreme. All of us walked up to an old abandoned restaurant that was huge. That's when the first gun shot rang out and the battle had begun.

Conor and I snuck in through the backdoor escaping the madness. The hallways were very quiet. Then a loud cry came from a room down the hall.

Conor and I ran as fast as we could to the closed door.

"1...2...3" I counted before Conor kicked open the door.

We ran in with guns facing forward. The minute I stepped in a stench hit my nose.

Looking around I saw a man holding a half naked Lilyanne by her hair. She was covered in blood.

I glanced down at the floor and my stomach had dropped, Dax had been shot.

"Let her go!" I shouted.

"You think you can march into this place and demand her, no no no" the guy I assumed was Esphen laughed.

Slowly a gun was pulled from Esphen's back pocket. He pointed it at Lilyanne and then down to her stomach.

Lilyanne squirmed, "no no please! They are my babies!"

Esphen then smiled, "looks like I hit the nerve."

"Esphen no! Don't do it!" I yelled.

Just then a group of our men shuffled into the room. Esphen looked around at his defeat. Then he smiled before moving the gun and shooting.

Lilyanne let out a scream, he had just shot her in the thigh.

Esphen dropped her as he pulled the gun on himself, gone.

I moved to Lilyanne as she was crying on the floor, "the babies Erin! The babies!" She repeated.

"They will be just fine" Conor said, "let's get her out of here."

My arms gently slid under her body and picked her up. Turning around I caught a glimpse of Conor picking up his dead friend. We had won here but with a death and injury.

I lifted myself up into the jeep with Lilyanne sobbing in my arms. I pulled her dress up trying to cover her as much as possible.

What had they done to her in there? It was time to get her home and fix my broken princess.

-----------------------------

I love Dax so much, and I hate Esphen with a passion!