Chapter 6: The Father

Lilyanne's POV

After a long breakfast, I walked to my room through the empty hallways. My mother acted as if simply nothing happened! As if she didn't send me to the place of hell to get beaten!

I felt very nauseous so I continued to rub my stomach.

"Lily!" A voice called back to me.

I turned around to find Erin jogging towards me.

"Hey Erin, what can I help you with?"

"No no I'm not here for any formality purpose, I'm here to see if you and the baby are alright? Falling down the stairs and coming out with a bruised up face is scary" he asked sympathetically.

I wasn't ready to tell him what my mother does to me. It was the devil's work and I wanted to hold it off as long as possible.

"It was a little trip and my face took the worst part of the fall, it's these stupid heels" I laughed nervously.

"If you say so Lily" he said while pulling me into a tight hug, "I'm glad you two are okay."

I wrapped my arms around him and took in his warm vanilla scent, "I am too."

Slowly he pulled away with a sad face, "Lily we do have to talk about the baby."

"What about the baby?"

"No one can know it's mine yet" he said with a serious face.

I stood there in disbelief, how the hell could he not want everyone to know it's his?

"What?" Was all that fell out of my mouth.

"My parents cannot know or else I will get in so much trouble. Their future king can't have flaws. My mother would be understanding but my father would explode."

I was getting angry very angry, my mother puts me in a cold cell with a man that harms me and kisses me. How the hell could he be worried about being yelled at!

"Really?! Are you seriously saying that you can't be part of our child's life? I go through-" I yelled cutting myself off almost slipping the truth.

"I am going to be but in secret and not all the time, when I become king then I will announce my child" he said.

I was in disbelief, how could he be so stupid?

"It's either you are or you aren't Erin, there isn't an in between!" I hissed.

"You can't put that on my shoulders!" He yelled.

"Really? I can't put that on your shoulders? Watch me!" I barked and turned around quickly walking to my room.

Once I reached my room I slammed the door and slid down crying.

If my mother doesn't find out the father I'm going to keep getting put in the cell.

"Lily?" Dax's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

I looked up to find him covered in dirt from gardening outside. He was walking towards me and had no shirt on.

"What's wrong?" He asked sitting down next to me.

"Erin refuses to let people know he is the father..." I gulped.

I watched Dax ball up his fists, "what the hell!"

I nodded while wiping away the tears. He then pulled me into a hug and soothed me.He told me everything was going to be alright.

After sitting in silence I sat up realizing I was covered in dirt now.

"Now we're both covered in dirt" I laughed.

We got up and decided to change into some pajamas for the rest of the day.

I wore silky pants and a silky tank top. Dax walked out of my closet from where his small stash of clothes are resting wearing cotton sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

"Sorry for covering you in dirt" he apologized as we walked over to the edge of my bed.

"It's okay seriously, remember when we covered each other in dirt when we were little?" I laughed.

He threw his head back laughing, "you were quite the tom boy."

I shoved his shoulder, "I was not!"

"Yes you were Lil!"

"No! I wasn't!" I punched his shoulder.

He then picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Dax! Dax! Put me down you butthead!" I yelled while hitting his back, but it was no use. He was strong, very strong.

Just then the doors flew open and Dax set me down.

My mother stood in the doorway with an angry face.

"So is this the baby's father?" My mother questioned.

My mother never liked Dax, she didn't like servants amongst us as friends.

Before I could respond Dax did, "yes, I am the father."

My eyes went wide and I turned to him with disbelief. He just did what?

"Well, I will talk to you later Lilyanne" she nodded and left.

I turned to Dax, "you just put yourself in line of fire and put yourself into a crazy role..."

He pushed a lock of hair out of my face and then grabbed both of my hands, "Lily I don't care if I put myself in the line of fire or what role I just took, as long as you aren't alone in this battle, I am going to be here for you, every step of the way."

I wasn't alone and somehow everything felt different.
-------------------------
What are your feelings towards Dax?