Chapter 5: Cover up

Lilyanne's POV

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of the cell door opening.

A little light was in my vision and very blurry.

My cell creeper was pushed to the corner as two guards came towards me with open arms to take me back upstairs.

"I will see you later princess!" The old man waved.

One guard grabbed my arm and as he did he slightly brushed my raw cheek.

I sucked in a deep breath and I hissed loudly.

Silent tears fell down my face as I was pulled up the stairs.

My whole body hurt and my face was about to explode.

When we finally reached my room they let me go in front of my door collapsing to my knees.

"Princess breakfast is in an hour get ready" one strictly said.

I picked myself up and opened the door slightly falling back down from the pain.

The door then flew open revealing Dax and a worried look on his face.

"Lil!" He whispered while leaning forward to my side, "she did it again didn't she?"

I nodded my head silently only for him to catch.

His eyes looked at my bloodied and bruised face hurting with pain. He then leaned forward scooping me up into his arms walking to the bathroom.

Dax sat me in the bathtub and turned on the water while helping me remove my clothes.

It wasn't weird because he had helped me many times before like this and we thought nothing more or nothing less.

Placing a washcloth under the water, Dax gently wiped all the blood away. The water in the tub was now a dark red color mixed with dirt.

Small tears escaped the corners of my eyes as I was shaken up as to what my mother had just done, again.

"Shhhh Lil it's ok I have you..." he soothed.

Shortly after he had cleaned me up and helped me out of the bath while leaving a fresh change of clothes for me.

"I will be right out" I told him.

He slowly turned away and closed the door.

I turned around to grab the simple dress Dax had set out for me and as I did I caught a glimpse of my broken self in the mirror.

My lips were swollen and my cheeks were purple. Not the worst I had ever been.

While zipping up the dress I turned to the mirror again to now notice what a tiny bump I had forming. It wasn't even noticeable to others, but to me it was.

My baby.

I placed my hands over my bump and rubbed it gently.

The door then opened quickly revealing a shocked looking Dax.

"I heard the rumors going around, but I didn't want to believe it... tell me are you, pregnant?" Dax said softly.

"I found out yesterday and that's when my mother placed me in-"

"You don't have to say it Lil" he said while engulfing me into a hug, "I'm here for you okay?"

"Thank you Dax" I whispered into his chest.

He pulled away from me and cupped each side of my face gently, "You know I would do anything for you Lilyanne."

A tear slipped down my cheek and he brushed it away with his thumb and kissed my forehead.

Another 20 minutes had gone by and I put my hair into loose curls. I ignored the make up and set on my crown.

"Beautiful Lil, now let's get you out of here" Dax nudged.

He walked me to the door and gave me a hug, "I will be back soon" I squeezed.

A simple nod came from him and I turned away to face everyone.

My small heels clicked as I walked down the halls towards the laughter.

What will everyone say about my bruised face? My stomach started to twist as I turned the last corner.

"Lilyanne! Come join us sweetheart!" My father smiled sympathetically.

I lifted my head from my thoughts as everyone watched me.

Quickly my eyes averted towards Erin and his eyes were concerned, trying to search for answers that were lost in my eyes.

"How do you feel princess after falling down the stairs yesterday?" My mother asked kindly.

She really said I fell down the stairs?She made up that lie? Really? Is she serious?

"Yes I am fine, rest did me well" I said like I was supposed to.

My mother nodded at me with a disgusting look on her face.

I took my seat rather fast to get over the eyes watching my every move. How was I going to get through the whole day without crying?
----------------------
Dun Dun Dun...

How do you feel about this lie?