Under the Mistletoe - Nico Rosberg

You were in the middle of nowhere when You pressed the brakes quite harshly. This wasn't happening. This couldn't be happening, at least not with you. Having all those disturbing, insane rollercoaster of emotions and not being able to do anything to erase it was driving you bollocks.

Let me just recap what has been happening.

You and Nico were and still are the bestest of friends for YEARS now. You used to do almost everything together, even some activities that were considered to be done only by two people who had an intimate relationship. And no, not sex, not that but cuddling, holding hands, and so so.
It was all sunshine and rainbow until you, and you had fallen deeply madly ridiculously in love with the man himself. You never understood when or how it had happened but it did, and you hated yourself profoundly for that.

Watching him interact with other girls, specially his current girlfriend has been a living, not that you hate her. But you didn't love her either and she made sure you knew how much she despises you, when Nico isn't around, but he's there shining his blue on you, she would become the most annoying person you can imagine.

Now, it's Christmas time and Nico is back home. His entire family came around and he invited you over to their special Christmas eve dinner, like every year before.

But Can you now imagine? Everyone there, having fun, probably all his friends with their girlfriends, Nico with his girlfriend and you? With a glass of wine and alone for sure! You knew it wouldn't make you any good to go there and force yourself to enjoy, but your heart who has been failing you completely since you fell for Nico had told you different. You'd do just anything to make him happy. If going to a dinner where everyone would be having fun except you would make you happy then you were sincerely keen to do it. Anything for him.

And that's why you're on the middle of nowhere on your way to his house, heart beating fast, throat dry, palms sweaty lips moving along while you count until 500. Not an idiot. Just a woman in love. We've all been there.

With some strength that only God himself could give, you turned the engine on again, adjusting the rear mirror and your own hair. You cleared your throat and that was all you need to do to start driving again, besides praying after counting a number.

You finally parked on his Porch and adjusted yourself once again when you looked up and spotted Keke excitingly waving at you . "My Beautiful YN! I missed you so much. How are you? You're so grown."

"Hi uncle Keke." You smiled hugging him. He was like a second paternal figure, you simply loved him." I missed you too uncle Keke. I'm very good thank you, and you're?"

"I'm fine too sweetheart." He side huffed you and yelled at no one specifically "Honey, YN is here" not long his beautiful came from the kitchen wearing one those sweet smiles you were so used to.

"I brought some gifts, but I left them in the car." You explained when she held your hands

"No problem we can worry about them later." she waved dismissively guiding you to their living room where everyone was already having a good time playing cards. You immediately  spotted your parents who arrived earlier since you still had work duties. You kissed their cheeks and gave them a comforting smile when they asked about your tasks to which you guaranteed that everything went well.

Then as if automatically your eyes searches for  Nico' Who was nowhere to be found . Since you haven't seen his girlfriend yet, you assumed that they might have been late or they were upstairs. His friends sent a few 'hi' and made small talk until they went back to their game with the others

"Where is Nico?" You asked forcing a sweet smile

"He's upstairs, you know his room." You processed for a second before nodding to see him. Upstairs, you know his room, he's alone, probably. Criticize as much as you want, but when you love someone, distance is not welcome . Even if that person you're in love with is your best friend and has a girlfriend .