Family issues - Max Verstappen

•.•

For a whole year, you feared this moment would come. And now that you stared blankly at the phone your mind was still figuring out what and how you would deal with this encounter. Surely not well.

"Max, Max honey?" You shook him lightly watching him stirring lazily "Honey you have to wake up, please"

"Just one more minute princess" he groaned into the pillow moving away from you causing the bed sheet to slide down his abdomen

You took a nervous breath "Max we don't have one more minute, my parents are on their way, literally "

His puffy eyes shot open, forehead wrinkled in confusion "I'm sure you told me something about them not being here for holidays? I wasn't that drunk, was I?"

"Yes Yes and now they texted me saying they were on their way from the airport, so apparently they changed their minds" you threw his shirt, which collided with his face and naked torso "Move! You know how my father is."

"So we'll keep hiding this from your parents for how much long?" He asks sitting up on the end of the bed

"My father must have a nice lecture about how I shouldn't have gotten back to you after 'he broke your heart'. So let me at least try and break this news as gently as possible."

Max glanced at you in amusement "Baby, Your father can't hate me that much?!"

"Technically, babe, he's not a fan of yours, since our sudden break. Let's just say he has some... issues? Yes that's the word."

Your body jumped when the loud sound of the doorbell rang through the apartment. Your and Max's eyes meet and he sent you a sympathetic smile

"Oh gosh they're here!"

Max took a deep breath and nodded "Then I think it's time to patch things up with your dad." He kissed you sweetly but as the seconds went by and the doorbell rang again he deepened the kiss leaving you so breathless that you had to hold onto him and the door for some balance

"That-" You cleared your hoarse throat "That doesn't seem like a good idea babe" you open your eyes but Max was already out of the room, and quickly reached the door just when you finally caught him "Hi mom, dad is so good to see you two" you smiled genuinely happy to see them, however your smile died the moment you saw your father murdering Max with only his eyes. He scowled and remained silent while you and your mother shared the same concern.
You never wanted to lose your father, but losing Max was not an option available either. This visit would not end well, you just knew that.

Your mother and you had made possible to have a decent atmosphere between the four of you, but Your father's tongue was hitching to ask Max some very important things

"Verstappen, tell me" he tilted his head to the side "how long will it be until you decide to leave my daughter again?"

Your and your mother eyes went wide "Dad"

Max squeezes your hand above the table and nods at you "Sir, Your daughter already knows why I had to leave. We already had this conversation "

You jumped slightly when your father placed the fork down with unnecessary force "YN might have a sweet spot for you, but I don't." He stated "If I was her, I would've punched you in the face and tell you to go to hell."

"Sir, YN and I spoke about this for weeks. She forgave me when I apologized, she understood me, for all that matters we are doing good it's all in the past." Max tensed a bit but he remained as calm as possible.

Waving his hand in dismay he replied "An apology might have been enough for her, but it doesn't work that way with me."

"Dad, please don't-"