4 | jocks*

Chapter 4: Jocks
Jocks: noun; an enthusiast or participant in a specified activity.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
4. Jocks

It's been a week since Blake picked me up and brought me outside, and he hasn't been to school since. It's also been a week since my friends started to wonder about my past. I've been avoiding them for a while, I didn't know why the sudden interest, but it was getting on my nerves.

I was now sitting in English, and my partner was Clara. Ironically the project was 'get to know your partner' project.

I inwardly groaned.

"Sam, why won't you tell us about your last two years? Your an open book for all of your life, but why did you lock up the last two?"

"I told you Clara, I don't want to talk about it."

"Fine. So can you at least tell me about the other years?"

"Ok. As you know I've moved allot, and it was because of my dad's job."

"What did your dad do for a living?"

"He was a salesman." I lied.

"Ok? What's your favorite place to go?"

"Florida." I looked at the required questions to ask on the green sheet "what is your favorite place to go?"

"New York."

The conversation went along the lines of boring get to know you questions. Time flew by, and now it was time for History.

Whoopdee-doo

"Alright class, it's work time for your projects."

       I took out my computer and put the finishing touches on my project I was sharing with Blake, who hasn't shown up at all during the work times. He only avoided this class because he wants to piss me off. Our battle was Okinawa in the Pacific part of the war.

      Our, or my project covered Hacksaw ridge, and the heroism portrayed there.

      What knocked me out of my thoughts, was the yelling coming from outside. What shocked me even more was when Blake stormed into the classroom with Coach Williams running after him with a bruise on his face.

      Look who finally decided to show up.

      "WHAT THE HELL WHERE YOU THINKING! SMOKING ON SCHOOL GROUNDS IS AGAINST THE RULES YOUNG MAN! YOU NEED TO REPORT TO THE PRINCIPLES OFFICE NOW!"

      Blake just pushed past him through the door on the other side of the classroom, and made his way outside. Through my point of view I could see out the window, and I noticed him walking towards Coach Williams car. Blake took out his keys and started to key Coach's car. The next thing I know is that Coach ran out to the parking lot and literally dragged Blake by his ear towards the school.

❁❁❁

       Lunch went by without one single question uttered about my past from my friends. And it was finally time for my favorite subject!

Phy-Ed!

After changing into my gym cloths, witch consisted of a large baggy shirt and sweatpants, I met with the rest of the class out in the Gym. Luckily neither of my friends where in this class, so I could do whatever the hell I wanted without Clara and Dustin asking questions.

The teacher, Coach Williams sauntered out of his office, and gave us a warm smile. With him being the soccer coach that smile did not do justice on how tough he could really be. He looked totally unaffected by today's earlier events.

"4 laps around the gym! LETS GO!" He yelled

I was the first to finish in my class of all boys. None of the girls wanted to take a class called 'Weight Lifting level 2' . Since this was our first 'real' day in the gym, all the boys looked at me like I was crazy for taking this class.

I'll show them.

The group made our way to the fitness room, where the weights where kept. When the football captain yelled "Hey toots, go back to the mall! Us boys can handle this class without your help!"

I just rolled my eyes. Dorks.

"We will start with a contest, whoever can lift the most wins." Coach said, he smirked. "Just so I'll know for future references."

From the corner of my eye, I saw all the boys sizing each other up to see who was the best. I was even worried about wether or not I could beat them.

      "To start, grab the normal weights you would lift with."

      I instantly grabbed a 250 pound weight while most boys grabbed a 200 pound weight. The teacher gave me a skeptical look "Honey, I think you got mixed up, that's not a 50 pound weight, that's a 250 weight." He said emphasizing the '2' in 250.

      I rolled my eyes and started to lift the weight. "No, I think I grabbed the right one."

      The boys just gawked. The football caption, Dylan stepped up and put his weight down. "I could do that."

      He grabbed a 250 and tried to lift it but failed and dropped it, rubbing his hands "DAM that's heavy!" He glanced my way to see that I was still lifting. "You've earned my respect." He said and fist bumped me. I smiled in return.

       I was one of the boys now.

❁❁❁

      It was the next day, and I felt better now that I have finished my project for history.

      No thanks to Blake. After yesterday, he still hasn't come back to school.

      Now I was sitting at lunch eating my sandwich. The table was quiet, no one knew what to say. Dustin was picking at his French fires while Clara just stirred her ketchup around her plate with her spoon.

      Dylan instead of passing our table to go to his normal one, sat down next to me and sat his tray down on the table. I gave him a 'why-are-here' look.

      "Sorry, do you mind if I sit here?" Dylon asked dramatically.

      I laughed and just nodded. Clara leaned over and whispered in my ear "why is the football captain sitting at our table?"

      Dylan must have heard and he laughed "your friend here is quit a lifter! I just wanted to say hi."

      "You lift weights!?" Dustin yelled surprised "since when?"

      "Dude! She can lift more than me!" Dylan said

      "Again, since when?" Dustin asked towards me

      "8th grade." I shrugged "I guess you guys don't know me as well as you thought." I joked

      "I'll say." Clara stated.

       Is it just me, or has this week been the week of unveiling my past life to my friends?

❁❁❁

       I walked up the cobble path leading to the cemetery, and through the gates. After a while waking around the paths I stopped at my brother's and dad's graves. I kneeled down and placed the flowers on each of their graves.

       "Hey dad, I miss you. Hi Cole, I hope dad's treating you well up there." I took a deep breath "Since the last time I was here, allot has happened. You know that annoying kid who used to live next to us? Yea Blake Reed. Well he has moved here and goes to our high school. He is putting me through a living hell!"

       I laughed to myself and imagined my dad's blue eyes light up as he laughed. With his laugh lines on full display, while my brother just has a small smile on his face as he looks at me with amusement.

"I miss you."
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note:
Comment•Vote•Share