16 | forgetfulness

Chapter 16: forgetfulness
Forgetfulness; noun: lapse of memory
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
16. Forgetfulness
Sam POV:

My eyes felt like they where glued shut. I felt as if my eyelids where being held shut by 100 pound weights. My eyes fluttered open and I instantly shut them as I saw the bright light. I heard yelling as I squinted in the light. Someone helped me sit up in the bed as my eyes adjusted to the room. The room was all white except for the green chairs in the corners and the green tree in the corner pot. Dustin was standing near me and my mom was sitting in the pulled up chair besides my hospital bed. Cole was no where to be seen, along with Clara and Blake.

Dustin must have sensed me questions on here they where because he spoke up. "There on there way, I just called them."

I gave a breath of relief. And than a wave of confusion consumed me. "What happened?"

Right before they where going to answer my question, the doctor came in. "How are you feeling Sam?"

I turned to him "what happened?"

He didn't look surprised at all by my question. Unlike my mom and Dustin. "You where in a vehicle accident, you are having memory loss." He paused and looked at my moms shocked face "her memory will be restored soon, it's only mild because she only forgot the accident and nothing else."

"O-oh ok" my mom stuttered.

The doctor looked back at me "what's the last thing your remember?"

I tried to remember but my head hurt and I couldn't think straight. "The last thing I remember is riding my motorcycle."

The doctor jotted something down on his clipboard. He turned on his heel and with a nod he left the room. Right when he walked out, Clara and Cole came slamming into the room. They both ran towards me and enveloped me in a bear hug.

"I'm so glad your ok!" Clara yelled

"I've missed you." Cole added.

The realization hit me, how long was I out? Was I injured? Where's Blake? "How long was I out?" I managed to ask through the bear hug.

Clara let go of me and gave me a sad look. "3 weeks."

"Wh-hat! I was out that long, why?"

"You had allot of blood loss and than you slipped into a comma after the surgery. They put you under and you never awoke."

I shook my head in disbelief. "What's happened since than, how's school? Is everyone ok?"

Dustin laughed "only you would ask if someone is ok after they came out of a coma."

I shrugged. "So...?" I questioned.

"We have all your homework, nothing happened. Rumors have spread about you and Blake and I brought ice cream." Clara said. Dustin nudged her in the ribs with his elbow.

"Wait, what rumors?"

"Nothing, just small things. They think you two are dating. Do you want ice cream?" She said trying to cover it up.

"Clara" I said sternly.

"Ugh fine. Since Blake hasn't been to school since you've been in the hospital, they all think that he's here with you."

"Oh god. Where is he?"

"I have no idea, he just disappeared."

"Leave it up to Blake to disappear."

Clara saw my disappointment in my eyes, but I understood why he didn't come. We aren't really friends. It's not like the fact he knows my secret makes a difference. I frowned. Before the accident he wanted to talk, I needed to call him.

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬

It's been a couple of days since Clara and Dustin visited and I still have a week until I'm released. My mom went home to take a shower and get new cloths and food other than the mush they have here. I picked up my phone that was next to my bed and dialed Blake's number.

"Who the hell is this!" He demanded the moment he answered the phone.

"Well nice to talk to you too."

He must have realized who I was because his voice wasn't as harsh as before. "Clarke what do you want."

"You wanted to talk before the accident, I'm here to talk."

"Later." He said.

And with that he hung up on me with out another word. At least I got him to answer, and to at least agree to talk later. I shut off my phone and put my phone in the table.

Right when I started to doze off into my annual afternoon nap, my phone buzzed.

Unknown: did you like that little accident, mores on the way (; I hope you die a long death, just like your brother.

I dropped my phone at the realization on who it was. It was Jack.

The son of a bitch who tackled me after the cemetery.

The one Blake saved me from.

The one who blames me for my brothers 'death'.

The one I loved.

The one I hate.

I quickly picked up my phone and dialed Cole'a number. It rang for a couple of minutes before it went to the automatic voice machine. I tried to call five more times, but to no prevail. I then called my mom, but the same thing happened. The only one left that would no who he is, is Blake.

Me: I need you help

Blake: what, you want to escape from the hospital already.

Me: no

Blake: than what do you want?

Me: I was threatened, and you know who it is

Blake: what! Wha-

I shut my phone of before he could reply. I needed someone here, and he wasn't helping. I couldn't trust anyone here, they could all work for the government.

Jack can control anyone that works for the government with a flash of his badge. I was screwed, ad needed help now. I had one more week before I needed to find Jack and find out what he's up to.

He already wants me dead.

That's when it hit me. My memory's where coming back, I remembered the accident. It was as clear as day.

I was hit. There was smoke everywhere. But the smoke cleared, and there I saw Jack driving the truck, he was giving me an evil glare and had a deathly hint to his eyes. He wanted revenge, and his first plan failed, so he has now moved on to bigger and worse things.

I. Was. Screwed.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note:
Thank you so much for 2.61k reads! 🎉
I love all of you!
Question for those who read the authors note: what's your favorite candy?
Comment•Vote•Share