26 | popcorn

Chapter 26: popcorn
Popcorn: noun:
corn of a variety with hard kernels that swell up and burst open with a pop when heated.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
26. Popcorn

"N-no I don't." I lied, I did not want nosy Clara to find out now. I didn't even know what Blake and I are, and I didn't want anyone else to know just yet. Not before me.

"Your blushing Sam, I've never seen you wear pink, let alone blush."

Dustin laughed at Clara's remark and I shot him daggers, and he stopped immediately knowing what I was capable of. Clara still had a death grip on my phone and I made a move to grab it but she just pushed it down her shirt. I instantly aborted the mission and sat back down, pretending to pout.

Clara's chest started to vibrate "I guess your getting a call. Is it Blakey Blake?"

She pulled it out and looked at the caller I.D "Sorry Sam can't come to the phone now." She looked at the number and gave me a questioning glance. "Who is this?" She nodded her head as her face turned blank. "It's for you Sam." She muttered, her face a ghostly White at this point.

I was confused, who could scare Clara this much by just muttering one or two sentences. It was an unknown caller as I answered it. "Who is this?"

"This is General Thomas, we have matters to discuss, I will be coming to your town in a couple of weeks, I'll call you to give you more information." With that he hung up.

I stared blankly ahead as I thought of why he was coming. What did the military want with me now?

"Who was it?" Dustin asked

"It's nothing." I lied

I shot Clara a look as if I could send a message saying don't say anything. She nodded, understanding and we continued to eat our food, but this time we fell into an awkward silence. I heard a knocking sound, as I ate my last bite of mac and cheese.

What the fu--, my thought was interrupted when I saw Clara looking out the window next to us, standing there in all his bad boy glory stood none other than Blake. He showed me an extra helmet and pointed to his bike, I nodded eager to get out of this awkward situation.

I said a quick good bye and before Clara or Dustin could interrupt I shot out of my seat and out the door, I walked straight to Blake and took his helmet. Without talking I hopped on and he hopped on in front of me.

As we drove off to the unknown location, I wrapped my arms around Blake's waist. He instantly tensed up and than relaxed when I put my cheek on his back as I looked at all the passing cars. I truly felt free while the wind whipped around my hair. We got to his house and he parked his motorcycle near he curb.

He opened the house door for me and we walked into the large mansion, I instantly made a b-line for his movie collection in his living room. The first thing I saw was the movie Mulan and I squealed internally, I popped it in and hit play. Blake was sitting down on the couch watching my every move when I turned around. I sat next to him and snuggled into his arms as the movie started, he wrapped his arms around me and I felt like I was home.

The movie was halfway through when my phone buzzed. I reached over Blake and grabbed my phone that was resting on the other side of him on the couch. I looked to see I got a text message from an unknown number,

Unknown: change of plans I'm coming this Friday

I looked at Blake to see his eyes glued on the screen in front of us.

Me: who's this?

Unknown: General Thomas

Me: where do I meet you this Friday?

Unknown: you know where

I clicked off my phone and tossed it on the nearby chair. For a guy who likes authority he sure knows how to be mysterious, I looked at Blake to see he still hadn't looked down, phew, I didn't want him to suspect anything. I got out of Blake's death grip and went into his kitchen for microwaveable popcorn.

I put it in the microwave and set the timer for 3:30 minutes. The timer sounded and I grabbed the bag and poured it into a ceramic bowl, I carried the bowl to the couch and sat back down.

"That's my girl." Blake said taking a handful of popcorn and shoving it inside his mouth.

I popped a couple of pieces in my mouth and smiled up at him. Mulan had just gotten thrown out of the army and was sitting in the snow with Mushu when I felt a piece of popcorn but my face. I swiveled and saw a laughing Blake bedsides me. "It's on like donkey kong!" I yelled

I took the bowl swiftly away from him and pelted him with the burnt kernels. He took a pillow as a shield and started to come closer to me as I slowly ran out of popcorn. He side tackled me so that I was laying down on the couch and he grabbed the bowl of popcorn in victory.

The thing that surprised me the most was that he dumped the remainder of the bowl on my head! I growled at him but he just laughed as I wiped the popcorn off my face.

That's when I realized what position we where in, I was laying on the couch and he was straddling me as he stared at me. I blushed slightly and tried to push him off of me, but he wouldn't budge.

"Blake!" I whined while I flailed my arms around hopeless.

"It's gonna take allot more than that to push me away from you Clarke." He smirked as my face turned an even deeper shade of pink.

He leaned down and brushed my hair out of my face, his eyes where burning into mine and I couldn't help but stare back at him. He leaned down so close that his breath fanned my face, he gave me a quick peck on the lips and got off of me. He helped me up and started to pick up all the popcorn.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note:
🤔Question: what's your fav restaurant?--->
Comment•Vote•Share