38 | finale

Chapter 38: finale
Finale: noun; the last part of a piece of music, a performance, or a public event, especially when particularly dramatic or exciting.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
38. Finale

This was it, it was over.

      I sat down in the leather seat and breathed in the smell of airplane food and stale oxygen. I let my legs spread out in the limited space in front of me, my bag sitting underneath.

      I pulled out my phone and saw 17 missed calls and 105 unread text messages. I laughed out loud, I've been gone for not even a minute and they went on a frenzy, most from Clara and my mom, a few from Dustin and one from Blake.

      It only had three words in it.

      Blake: See you soon

      I racked my brain for any information on when I'd see him next and came up empty, I didn't know when I'd see him next but he sure did.

      Me: huh?

      Blake: that's for me to know, and for you to find out

      Me: your impossible

      Blake: I know ;)

      I pocketed my phone with a smile on my face and sleepiness filling my tired brain.

❁❁❁

I angrily stomped out of the plane with a frown on my face and pudding in my hair.

That little brat poured chocolate gooeyness all over my white shirt! That child was laughing the whole time as he looked proudly at his work, I wanted to choke the living daylights out of him.

After putting my hair in a ponytail and putting on a hat over the brown mess in my blonde hair, I grudgingly went to the baggage claim and grabbed my camo bag, and my suitcase.

      The ride to the base was long and boring, I had tried to make conversation with the taxi driver but he made it very clear after my rant about the brat that he didn't speak English. The drive was nearing to end as we slowly arrived at the base front doors, a group of cadets running past with their commander in training.

      I smiled at the familiarity of this wonderful, sweat filled place that I've grown to love with a love, hate relationship.

      I walked in and reached my room in seconds and finally collapsed on the bed, my bag laid on the ground in defeat, why unpack when I'm leaving again in two days?

      I heard a knock and so I slowly dragged myself up and forced myself to answer it. I was greeted by 20 pearly white smiles as the men gathered around my small doorway, Issac in the middle holding a cake saying 'let's help America!' written in red and blue icing on a white frosted dessert.

I laughed at the thought of them being excited. "You guys are happy your leaving tomorrow?"

All of them nodded in unison. "We all are, now that Jax is gone we have a full troop of fully ready soldiers!" Connor chanted.

I knew there was someone missing, I'm glad that disrespectful son of a bitch was gone. "Who replaced him?" I asked in curiosity.

"Someone from the academy, they say he's pretty well trained." David said in the back.

      I nodded in acknowledgement, new guy, new skills to add to the team. "Well let's get to eating!" I announced.

      Everyone cheered and we all crowded into my small bedroom, some crowded on the single bed and some on my desk and my chairs, and the rest scattered on the floor.

      I couldn't ask for a better group to storm into the war with, they where amazing. The only thing I wanted to ask was, who was the new guy?

❁❁❁

      You know what I like?

       I like mangos.

      Mangos are pretty great, there round, red, green, yellow, and sometimes orange, but you want to know what's not great about them?

      There hard, like very hard. And they hurt!

      You want to know why I know they hurt?

      Fucking Kurt Thomas decided to chuck one at my flippin' face because he thought they where soft.

      He thought mangos where soft! How stupid is he?

      After I chucked it back at him and only slightly missing his family jewels by an inch, I walked over and hugged my best friend.

     "What are you doing here?" I asked holding him at arms length.

      "I'm coming with you guys to meet my team that's already over there." He said smiling.

      God I've missed him.

      We walked together towards the air strip, where our plane was waiting for us. My troop was already waiting for me in the airplane, I walked in while taking off my camo jacket and readjusting my dog tags, I pulled my sunglasses off my face and onto my forehead and looked at the smiling bunch.

      "Clarke." Connor said.

      "What?"

       "I heard you like to ride motorcycles and that you love Panera Mac and Cheese."

      I put my hand on my hips and looked at Connor and the rest of them as they giggled and laughed, while I shot them all daggers.

      "And how the hell did you know that?"

      They all pointed to the back and a guy wearing a military academy shirt stepped forward.

   "Clarke, I told you I'd see you soon."

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: wow, I can't believe it's finished, thank you guys for all the support through out the whole book, it's been an honor 💞
🤔Question: would you guys like a second book?--->
(2nd book called Military In College, now published)
Comment•Vote•Share