21 | uncover pt.3

Chapter 21: Uncover pt.3
Uncover: verb;discover (something previously secret or unknown
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
21. Uncover pt.3

"Hi, I'm Sam Clarke and I'm a senior here. Um-m, I'm a Colonel in the United States Army and I've been on 3 tours to Afghanistan since I was 16 years old." I took a deep breath and saw Blake in the corner staring at me in confusion and interest. I went to the side of the stage so everyone had a clear view and continued. "On my last tour I was hit by a bear by explosion and lost my leg."

I bent down and rolled up my pant leg to show that there was nothing there. My prosthetic leg still hadn't arrived, so there was a blank space where it should be. The whole crowd gasped and stared at it. I closed my eyes and collected myself. "I was also wounded in my arm and my other leg with shrapnel wounds."

I turned and returned to my chair. The rest came back up and sat down. Blake gave me a sideways hug and I smiled up at him. The crowd was still silent as they still hadn't taken their eyes off of me.

Mr Turner was the last to walk up and he picked up the microphone. "Any questions?" Instantly everyone's hand shot up. "Any that's to anyone but Sam Clarke?"

All the hands where put back down and Mr. Turner laughed. "I kinda assumed that."

I looked down embarrassed at all the attention. Blake patted me on the back. Mr Turner handed me the microphone so I could stay sitting down with my leg. "I don't think I can get through all these questions, could I just answer a couple?" I whispered to the principal.

He nodded. I pointed to a girl in a Lake Girl sweatshirt. She stood up. "Sam, did it hurt when you lost your leg?" She asked

"Well, when I first got hit I blacked out and didn't feel anything until I woke up and found myself in a nearby medical hospital. The realization that my leg was gone and all the therapy I had to go to was painful."

The girl seemed happy with the answer and sat down. I looked for another person and spotted a guy in the back. I pointed towards him and he stood up.

"Was it hard to fight in battle?" He asked

"Yes, No, maybe? I don't know. When your in the moment you don't think about anything else, you just want to save the men next to you over anything else."

He sat down so I pointed to Dylan in the corner and he instantly stood up in all his football glory. "I know you can lift more than me, but since Blake was in Military School can you beat him in an arm wrestle competition?"

I smirked, this was something I was confident on answering. "Of course I can."

I turned to Blake. "Why don't I prove it?" I stated

Blake smirked at me. "Sure baby doll, I'll try for your sakes."

The crowd laughed and I put my arm up and so did he. He grabbed my hand and I couldn't ignore the feeling that shot up my arm when our hands touched. The crowd counted down to three and we started.  I pushed as he put in as much effort as me. The crowd cheered as Blake pushed my hand down, I decided why not give them a show. He looked up at me and whispered so only I could hear.

"If I win, I get a kiss. But if you win you can ride my motorcycle."

I pretended to think about it before I whispered back. "Sure, I would shake on it, but I'm preoccupied."

He laughed and the crowd continued to cheer. He was close to the table with my hand but at the last moment I actually tried and hit his hand against the table.

The crowd erupted and I looked over to see that Clara was holding up her sign. It said 'GO COLONEL SAM! WHOOOOOO!'

I laughed and Mr. Tuner took the microphone. "I think that is enough questions for now, you are all dismissed. Go back to class."

Everyone kept talking as they exited the gymnasium. As they filed out I looked back at Blake and saw him looking at me strangely. "What?" I asked.

"Damn." He mutters finder his breath before he got up and walked towards the stairs. "You coming?" He asked a little bit louder.

I nodded and honked onto my crutches I was halfway there when Blake walked up to me and scooped me up into his arms. He sped walked across the stage and down the stairs, but he didn't stop there he walked straight out of the gym and through the hallways. Finally he set me down and handed me my crutches.

"Why did you do that?" I asked, still in shock.

"You where taking too long, so I took care of it. Plus I'm hungry so let's go."

Without waiting for an answer he left towards the parking lot. I limped and followed along towards him. We reached the parking lot and he opened his car door for me. "Wow what a gentleman." I exclaimed.

He glared and helped me into the car. He hopes into the drivers side and started the car. "So where are we going to go?"

He didn't answer and kept going.I elbowed him in the ribs and he just kept going. He ignored my attempt on hurting him and took a right turn onto the highway heading south.

"Are you kidnapping me?! I knew you where acting too nice today!" I yelled

He put a hand over my mouth to keep me quiet and I bit his hand. He helped in pain and turned and gave me sideways glance and laughed. "Where going out to eat, now stop asking questions."

I stayed quite and looked out the window. I could t care less at this moment. I had no secrets to hide anymore and I was the happiest I've even been.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: this chapter is dedicated to @Terra526 and @DaniWolf6499 for all the support!
🤔Question: do you like Clara or Dustin better?---->
Comment•Vote•Share