31 | goodbyes

(Sam Clarke^^)
Chapter 31: goodbyes
Goodbyes: noun; an instance of saying "goodbye"; a parting.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
31. Goodbyes

Sam's POV:

This ice cream isn't helping. Isn't it supposed to magically fix everything? Does it just not work on girls who leave their boyfriends to rot while they run away.

God, that sounded awful.

Blake wouldn't answer my texts or calls, its been a week and 6 days since I last saw him in the parking lot. I'm leaving tomorrow for North Carolina to top off my training before I leave for my last tour. I've driven by his house a thousand times trying to build up the courage to talk to him, but the words always faded in my mind as I sped by his house.

I pulled out my old camouflage back pack, that sported the American flag. I put essentials in it, like phone charger, Apple Watch charger, and food.

I pulled out a suitcase and neatly put my uniforms and cloths in it. After putting other items like shoes, boots, caps, and flip flops I zipped it shut and put it near the door, next to my back pack. I had a 4 hour plane ride tomorrow, and I was dreading every minute leading up to it.

I have been in my room for 2 hours now, packing my life away. I looked at the clock and it read 1:07. I needed food now.

I headed down stairs, skipping 2 at a time until I reached the bottom. I headed to the kitchen only to be welcomed by a screaming mom and Cole fighting over the last donut.

They where yelling at who should get it as I stealthily made my way over and snuck it out of their grips. They both swiveled and gave me a death glare.

"Give. Me. The. Donut." Cole demanded.

"Nah, I'll think I'll pass."

I popped the donut in my mouth and ate it all in one bite. I smirked at my shocked family and walked to the fridge to get milk to wash it down. "Mmhm that was soooo gooooood." I said rubbing my belly.

"Why I outta!" Cole yelled charging towards me.

"I would do that if I where you, I'm leaving tomorrow and I need my life."

Cole instantly stopped. "I totally forgot." He rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry."

I shrugged and headed back upstairs to my bedroom. I pulled my phone out of the sheets in my bed and called Clara. It rang 4 times before she picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey, lets hang out."
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬

"I'll miss you! Have fun! DO NOT DIE." Clara yelled as she gave me a crushing hug leaving me breathless.

"No promises." I joked, but that only needed in her slapping my arm.

I hugged Dustin before giving one last glance around my house before getting into the car and waving goodbye. My mom hopped only the drivers side and started the car, heading towards the airport.

I was wearing what any typical teen would wear on a plane. A 2 sizes too big sweatshirt, yoga pants and a baseball cap. To top it all off I was wearing flip flops and headphones as I blocked out the world.

The song 24k magic by Bruno Mars was playing as we merged into the highway. I started to drift off until my mom tapped me on the shoulder signaling me to take out my headphones and engage in the world.

I turned to her giving her a questioning stare.

"Can we talk, I don't know if this will be the last time I see you." She asked while tears slid down her cheeks.

"Mom don't say things like that, I'll always come back." I assured her, rubbing her arm with my right hand.

"So...what do you do when you get to North Carolina?" She asked trying to start a conversation.

"I do some basic training to dust off the rust, and when they find me suitable enough to deport I'll go straight to where ever they send me."

She nodded as she took the next exit heading towards the destination. "Do you ever want to go to college?"

I pondered that question. "Maybe. I don't know."

"Where would you want to go?"

That was a question I knew the answer to. "Cambridge." I smiled at the thought. "That's an easy question."

She sent me a death glare and I put my hands up in mock surrender. "What? What's with the glare?"

"Why so far away? Your always away." She complained in a whiney voice.

I laughed. "I want to travel mom, and the university is amazing! Great Britains amazing!"

"Ok, ok. Fine."

She pulled up to the airport and parked near the 'Southwestern' doors. She got out of the car to grab my bags. I met her near the trunk and grabbed my bags and put them on the curb.

"I'm going to miss you." I said as I hugged the living daylights out of my one and only mom.

I could feel my shirt getting wet as she shed tears by the gallons. I reluctantly pulled away and said good bye before walking through the sliding doors.

After checking my suit case and going through security I trudged to my gate and sat down in the closest chair letting out a huff of relief that I finally got through the lines.

I plugged in my phone into the wall and checked my messages.

Blake: we need to talk

Blake: hello?

Blake: hello?

Blake: HELLO!

Blake: Clarke come on!

Blake: I know your reading these

Blake: answer my texts!

Clara: we'll miss you! Love you lots! (😂I just realized that's an acronym for lol!)

Dustin: what ever Clara said, that's what I said

I closed my phone, only answering to Dustin and Clara's text before walking to the line. They started to board on the plane. I gave the lady my ticket and walked onto the plane, I was the last person as they closed the doors. Walking onto the plane and looking at my ticket my seat read h3 I walked down the isle, when I reached my seat I put my back pack under the seat in front of me, before plugging my headphones back in.

"This is your captain speaking, we are preparing to take off, buckle your seat belts and get ready for take off."

I settled into my chair next to the window and let out a content sigh.

The person next to me knocked my elbow off the arm rest and pulled out my ear phones in one swift motion. I looked up angrily at the culprit and instantly froze.

"You said we needed to talk, I'll give you 4 hours to explain yourself."
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note:
🤔Question: why do you still read this book?--->
Comment•Vote•Share