36 | life

Chapter 36: life
Life; noun: the existence of an individual human being or animal.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
36. Life

Life is shitty. One day you wake up and you meet your whole family downstairs for breakfast, you sit next to your brother while your mom and dad cook, both wearing pj's as they make your eggs and bacon. Perfectly placing them on the plate in a smiley face for you to eat.

You'd go down your driveway towards the bus and wave goodbye, when the bus pulls away you'd see your parents kiss goodbye and head for work.

Your brother would be playing cards in the back of the bus while you sat in the front talking to friends.

Everything would be fine and dandy.

But sadly I didn't get that life.

I got the shitty card that was dealt to me in the game of life, and there's nothing I can do to change that.

It's sad really the things my life has been through, pain, regret, sadness and depression.

But this very moment was the worst that I have ever experienced, ever before.

Dylan wouldn't shut up.

He was a babbling 4-year old on steroids and sugar. It was insane how many words this football player standing in front of me could belt out in one breath.

Someone give him an award.

My selective hearing droned him out the minute he pulled me into the hallway, because anything that comes out of his mouth is useless information.

Not needed. Not heard.

"Sam! Are you even listening right now!" He yelled like a toddler.

I jumped out of my thoughts and looked at him. "What?"

"Ugh! Your so infuriating!"

Woah, big word for a big man.

"Word of the day toilet paper?" I asked.

He seemed taken aback but nodded. "Now answer the damn question, why did you leave?"

"Well you came into the lunch room, asked me to talk to you and forced me into the hallway." I quipped sarcastically.

He grinned."I've missed you the oh-so-wonderful Clark." He hugged me." But no really, why'd you leave training?"

I rubbed the back of my neck. " Lets talked later, ok?"

He nodded grudgingly and we went back to lunch. He is the only guys in my life that doesn't push it, even Cole had been poking me constantly asking questions.

I think he misses the army.

Just a guess.

I sat back down and started to eat my lunch, but sadly the bell rang right when I opened my mouth, I groaned and picked my tray up to throw it out.

My next class was gym and I was the most excited I have ever been in a while, it was refreshing.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬

I walked into the gym sporting a sports bra and running shorts, showing off my leg. I was proud now that everyone knew to show my leg, it was apart of who I was.

I saw coach yelling at the door leading to the boys locker room, saying something about how they where lazy asses?

I walked up to him. "Hey coach."

He spun around. "Soldier! It's so good to see you!" He yelled hugging me, barely picking me up off the ground. Once he put me down I still couldn't stop laughing, god damn I've missed this man!

My laughing only stopped when the boys started to come out and Blake was first out of the locker room. I wanted to slap myself for forgetting he was in this class, how dumb was I?

I saw Dylan come out and I hurried to his side, not wanting to be seen by Blake. Dylan gave me a knowing nod and put his arm around my shoulders. We reached the weight room and coach gave out the same information he does everyday.

"-oh, and welcome back Colonel Sam Clarke!" Coach said at the end of his 'talk'.

I waved at everyone, and we all began walking with our partners to the machines. Dylan and I walked over to the bench press and he laid down while I spotted him.

Taking the bar in his hands he started to pull it down and than back up again. "You know, Blake won't shut up about you."

That made me freeze, did he miss me?

"He missed you a ton Sam. And he won't shut up about it either at lunch, please talk to him!" Dylan pleaded.

"You know Blake and I aren't on good terms right?"

"Yea, but I know you miss him, and he misses you!"

That made me think, did I miss him. When I wake up every morning I always tick myself into thinking he'll pick me up and let me drive, and that he would ditch school with me to go to Panera, but that'll never happen again, because I screwed it up.

A tear rolled down my cheek without me realizing it. I couldn't go back, it was too late. How could I be this stupid, I need to be selfish for once. Dylan stood up and wiped my tear away before hugging me.

While everyone watched. But I didn't care, I needed a hug.

After the hug I felt much better and gave him a grateful glance before going underneath the bar, 20 pounds on each side for an easy warmup. I needed to get all this stress out of my system, like now.

I started to lift the bar up and down in record timing, I just wanted this feeling in my chest to go away, this hurt more than loosing my leg, this feeling felt like I couldn't just replace it with something plastic.

This feeling swallowed me whole, and I didn't under stand what I was doing, why I messed this all up.

It was all my fault and Blake was in the cross fire.

I looked out at the gym and spotted Blake doing the same thing as me, working as hard as I have ever seen him lift.

He'd grown bigger since I last saw him, his arms where more defined and his shirt was off showing all the things, 6 to be exact, that I let go into thin air.

I wanted him,

No change that, I needed him back in my life, and I wasn't going to let myself get in my way ever again.

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: hello again readers, you guys are oh so wonderful. Thanks for 22,900 reads!
🤔Question: where are you from?--->
Comment•Vote•Share