Timeless Chapter 5- Tori

Finally, it's over. I'm glad, because that one hurt a lot more than my wrist. Or maybe I was just on some adrenaline high. It does look good though. A water fall cascades down my back, from over my shoulder. "It balances the flames well." She says. "Thanks." I look down, and pull my shirt back on. Ok, enough stalling. "Look, can I ask you something?" She looks a bit annoyed, but nods "Fire away." I think for a moment about how to word this. "Did you know Zeke and I are dating?" She raises an eyebrow, her expression almost instantly becoming hostile. Well, great. "Yeah. Why does that matter?" Oh boy. Here we go. "He told me what happened." I say, keeping my voice calm but slightly snappy. "So? He isn't your husband; he can do whatever he wants." I stand up taller, anger flaring in my eyes, and putting my hands on my hips. "It's not like he wants you." I say, raising an eyebrow. She rolls her eyes. "That's not what he told me. Maybe he does want someone older. More...experienced?" Anger flares in my chest, and my eyes snap wider open. How dare she?! "If that's what you think, then you couldn't be more wrong." I say, my fury echoing in my voice. She chuckles "You're 17 sweetie. So is he. You're young, you're foolish. You didn't really expect it to last, did you?" I step forward slightly "Maybe not forever, but I do not expect it to end like this. He isn't that type of guy. I know that's what you're used to, but he's different." She raises an eyebrow, smirking slightly. That only makes me angrier. "Do you even hear yourself? 'He's different! He's not that type of guy!' Come on! You sound like a love-sick puppy." Her voice rises a little bit. I cross my arms. She is going too far. I wanted to keep this civil, but I see now that that is not the case anymore. "You may be older, but you're an idiot." I say, my voice deadly quiet. "That sure sounds like a Erudite thing to say. Are you feeling unloyal Cal?" That, I think, is crossing a line. "Do not. Bring my childhood. Into this." I say, my voice almost uncontrollable angry. She smirks "I thought you might want to, considering you've only lived here for a few months." I uncross my arms, and clench my fists. "And I've already proved myself to be more Dauntless than you." I spit, and turn on my heel, walking out without another word. I wouldn't give her that satisfaction.

I am still fuming at dinner. I even went to the gym and shot things. Didn't really help that much. Shauna notices almost immediately "What's with you?" I roll my eyes "Had a lovely conversation with Tori today." I say, my voice gritty and sarcastic. "Oh. And let me guess... she knew all about you and Zeke and insulted you in lots of ways?" I nod, tilting my head to the side slightly. "Yep that about sums it up." She smirks "Told you." I glare at her, slightly unbelieving. She holds up her hands "Sorry. I had to say it." I smirk a bit, shaking my head. "Well anyways, apparently Zeke told her he wanted someone more experienced." I say, rolling my eyes and putting air quotes around the last words. "Oh please." Shauna say, going along with my exasperated and ranting tone. "That's not the vibe I was getting when he pushed her away and left." She continues. I smirk slightly "I didn't tell her I was watching." I say, slightly evilly. Then Zeke sits down next to me "Didn't tell who what now? I wanna hear!" he says excitedly, leaning on the table like a teenage girl. I chuckle slightly and look at Shauna. "Ninja here confronted the other woman." She says dramatically. I sigh internally. Maybe she could have eased into that a bit more smoothly. Zeke looks at me funny. "I thought you dropped that Cal." I sigh, leaning back a bit. "I had to say something." He shakes his head "You could have asked me." I cross my arms, slightly offended. "So I have to ask if I can say something to the person who kissed you in full knowledge that you were taken?" I say in disbelief. He looks at me with the same expression "Well yes, that would be appreciated!" I roll my eyes "Fine. I'll drop it. As long as I find out from you next time." I say angrily. His eyes flare, and I almost immediately regret it. "You know there won't be a next time!" he says, raising his voice. I rub my face with my hands "She is of a different mindset." I mumble He sighs "I'm staying away from here as best as I can." I blink a few times "She's trying to get closer to you!" I say, exasperated. He slaps the table "That doesn't matter! I want you, and only you. Why can't you see that?" I look up at him, his face red and upset. "Why can't you see that I'm worried about her? I'm scared to death of losing you!" "You won't." he says simply. "I trust you. But I do not trust her." He sighs, grabbing my hand under the table. "Look, I'll talk to her, ok? You can be there, or watch. I just want you to be ok again." I smile a bit "I am ok as long as you're around." This does make me feel a bit better. But something's still off. He's frustrated with my insecurity, and so am I. I'm mad at Tori, and Tori hates me. And Shauna is just watching it all unfold.

A/N: Wow cat fights...anyways, if you enjoyed, slap dat vote button, and stay Dauntless:)

-Argo