4

Every Rose Has Its Thornes~4
Word count: 875

It was chasing me, gaining speed with each step. No matter how much adrenaline was pumping through my viens, I couldn't find the strength to move a single limb. The dull, colourless sky, shielded by the green canopy of the forest gave way to tarential down pour. The acidic rain burned through my skin as fire would paper. My heart beat faster with every drop. My lungs heaved harder with every thud of the unknown and my tears fell with every passing second. This was the end...and I knew it. What was worse was that I accepted it. Who would want to live with out their love? And thus I embraced the pain of my heart being torn to shreds by the unknown force.
   I jolted from my sleep only to come in contact with warm arms wrapped tightly around myself. Restraining me. I gasped for air but it was as if my lungs had collapsed. "Bella, breathe. You have to breathe. You're alright. It's ok. I have you. Just focus on breathing." I could faintly hear Charlie say. And as I focused, the haze around my sight slowly faded and my breathing evened.
    I looked down to see my father holding his arms around mine thus locking them in place at my sides. It wasn't until I looked at my hands that I saw the blood. My blood.
   "What-what did i do?" My voice was hoarse from the painful screams I'm sure were ripped from my chest. "You were clawing at your chest Bella. Screaming for it to hurry up and end it all. Bella, sweety I'm worried about you. I thought spending time with Jacob was helping. I guess I was wrong." He trailed off towards the end.
    "It was. I just...I can't help it. No matter how hard I try, it always lingers in the back of my mine. I don't know what to do." I tried to say while holding back sobs. The more I spoke, the more the pain from my chest began to set in. It has never been this bad before. The Dreams.
    "Bella, maybe it's fine for you to see some one...a therapist possibly. Or maybe it would be best for you to go stay with your mother in Phoenix for a while. Just until the nightmares stop. I've spoken to your mother Bella...she's well aware of what is going on and she too thinks this is one of the few things we can agree on." He said. I could tell the thought of me leaving him hurt him just as much as it did me. And if this conversation occured months and months ago, then I'm sure I would have leapt at the chance to leave dull, rainy Forks. But what Charlie doesn't know, is that if i leave Forks, then when I'm away, she- no they might come back. And I can risk that happening. I can't risk not seeing them.
    "Charlie- Dad, please. I can't go to Pheonix, I'd die in the heat. I'm so used to Forks. I have friends here Dad. I don't have any in Pheonix. And I have you. I can't leave you now. I love it here." I'm sure that by now my eyes shone with pain and unshed tears.
    "Bella. You haven't spoken to you 'friends' in months. The only people you've really spoken to are me and Jake, and even then it's a long process to get you to speak." He sighed, rubbing his tired, dark circledeyes with the back of his hand.
    "Well, as a matter of fact....me and Jessica were going to go shopping in Port Angeles. We were going to do that tomorrow night." Trying my best with the current situation, I forced a smile (which I hopped looked genuine) and made my voice sound as though I was excited. Here's just hoping Jessica will want to go shopping with me...tomorrow. Oh God, if she decides not too, I'll have to think up something else. But what? What else could I possibly do with such short notice?
   "Really? Wow that's great! Whoa Bella, I'm so pleased. But erm...shopping? It's not really your thing..." he trailed off, his once big smile slowly turning to a rather confused expression.
   "Yeah I know." I laughed, a genuine one too. "But Jessica really likes to shop. And I thought it would get me outside the house...change of scenery." His smile once again returned to his face.
    "Well in that case, have fun. I guess I'll leave you to...what ever it is you need to do. Just call me if you need anything, I'm thinking about going over to the Blacks. Your welcome to join?" He tried. It would be nice to see Jacob and Quil but I should get on with my homework. And plus, I need to check my emails...not that there will be anything there. But it's still worth a shot.
    And so I did just that. Right after Charlie's car was already down the drive way and speeding towards the Blacks, I turned to my computer in the hopes of there being some thing. Anything. Anything at all.

A/:N hey guys I'm thinking about updating every Saturday (I'm from Britain-England more specifically-so I'm not sure when that is for ppl in different time zones. Sorry!)