18

Every Rose Has Its Thorns ~ 18

Word count: 1192

*Bella's POV*

The car stopped outside the front door as Rosalie got out. Just as I was about to do the same and open my door, she beat me to it.
"M'lady." A cheeky smile was plastered across her beautiful face as she winked and gave a small bow.
"What a gentle woman." I laughed as she held my hand. Alice went to put the car in the garage - which I just noticed was no longer the yellow one she stole in Voltera - but a new sleek black car which they must have got while they were...away.
The doors swung open as Emmett raced out the house. "BELLLLLAAAAAA!!!!!" All of a sudden, I was swooped up in to his bear like arms and hoisted in the air. His grip was unbreakable as she swung us both round and round.
"Yeah it's good to see you too Emmett." I laughed as he eventually put me down. "Now I will actually be able to play video games with some one who isn't Rosalie or someone who doesn't cheat!" His grin took up most of his face. Well it did, until he recieved a death glare off Alice. "Oohhh I'm soooooo scared." His face some how paled even more. "Yep. I'm scared." Was the last thing I heard before he crashed through the woods, Alice hot on his trail.
"Those two, honestly." Esme smiles as she walkes down the steps to greet us. If it were possible, her smile widened as she pulled Rosalie in to a long and fierce hug. "Don't EVER do that again do you understand me Rosalie Hale?" Her glare was stern and as hard as rock, but that just made Rose smile more and hug her again. "Got it mam."
Carlisle and Jasper then proceeded to make their way to Rosalie, saying the same things as Esme but also saying how much they loved her. It was beautiful to watch. However, I was pulled out of my thoughts as I was pulled in to the soft, motherly like arms of Esme Cullen. "I can't thank you enough Bella. And seeing what our departure from you caused out family and you, I promise on behalf of us all to never leave you like that again. I'm sorry we ever did."
"Its alright. You did what you thought was best for your family. I can't fault you for that." She smiled and left towards the house. Carlisle stepped forward, Jasper still talking to Rose, and he hugged me. Normally Carlisle is a bit like Jasper. Neither two are the type for hugging but I guess a lot had gone down in the past 24 hours. Not only did i just recieve a hug from Carlisle, but he also pulled back and held my hand in both of his. "I would be proud to call you my daughter." With a final look in my eyes, he went off (no doubt to find Esme) leaving only me, Rosalie and Jasper.
"Bella hey. I wanted to thank you. Other than Alice, Rosalie is the person I am closest two out of us 'children'. Thank you for saving my sisters life. In return, I will try even harder to not eat you." He grinned and gave me a soft, gentle hug before quickly letting go and running after Alice. To say I was shook, would be an understatement.
"hey, so now that we're alone, I was wonde-" Rosalie was cut short as a huge wolf leapt over the undergrowth. The metallic brown colour shone in the evening light and his eyes twinkled. I knew that wolf, and i had a feeling that Rosalie did too, and she wasnt happy.
She pulled me behind her and readied her attack. Jake mirrored her latter actions.
"Stop! Stop it! Jacob what are you doing?" All I got in responce was a low, threatening growl.
"Bella, Rosalie the wolves are coming!...oh I take it back, they're here..." Alice trailed off as she too stood in front of me next to Rosalie. Then one by one, the rest of the Cullen's filed in to protect one another.
"Where is Edward? Where is that boy?" Carlisle hissed to Esme.
"I don't know where he is. Why?" Her head tilted yet her eyes never strayed from Sam, Jake and Leah. And if I'm honest, I needed them to get distracted.
Carefully, as not to make the vampires aware of what I was doing, I mouthed to Jacob to cause a distraction so I could talk to them. He only shook his wolfy face and continued baring his teeth.
"Sam, what is the meaning of this invasion? We have done nothing wrong." Carlisle gently stepped forwards with his arms raised in a surrender motion.
The middle wolf locked eyes with Jacob then turned to the forest. Seconds later, Sam reappeared in nothing but those blasted blue jean shorts.
"We aren't here for you. Just Edward." Leah snarled behind him. She stopped when Sam held his hand up. But I had a feeling he didn't do it to stop Leah's growl. The Cullen's stiffened (if that was even possible - because before they were already statue still.)
All I heard before the caos was a faint, almost inaudible, whoosh. Then they struck. Wolves clashed with Vampires. Blood hit the trees. Bones - or bodies - smashed. Growls, whimpers and howls rained down on my ears. Growls, cries and hisses crashed down on my ears. I couldn't bare it. I did the only thing I could think of to get them all to stop.
I screamed.
Then All eyes turned straight to me.
All fighting stopped; Emmett realised Seth's body who fell limp to the floor,
Jasper and Carlisle held their hands up for truce to Leah, Esme and Alice both backed away from Jacob while Rosalie held her hand out in front of Sam to stop him coming any closer. But there was another pair who stopped fighting last. Paul - also in wolf form - and a guy around my age. He was wearing a black leather jacket, jeans (that has no rips in - probably to hide their skin) and black and white Nikes. His hair. Oh God. I recognised his hair from a mile away. It was a coppery Brown with slight, natural blonde streaks / highlights in random places in his hair. It brought back a rush of memories. Some good, some bad. But now, they were all painful.
All I could think of was how blind I had been to the real beauty in front of me. And yet, I yearned to see his face. I had missed him, just not in the way I enitially had.
Edward was back. And he was causing a war.

A/:N. Hey guys. This is the longest chapter yet word wise! Whoop! So the next chapter is going to be a lot of fighting. I know some of you really want to see Edward get in a fight ;) so, I shall provide. Thanks for reading. If I don't get this published before Christmas Day, then merry Christmas. Feliz Navidad.