22

Every Rose Has Its Thorns ~ 21

Word count: 1039

*Alice's POV*
In all my years of life, never had I ever had a replay of a vision some one else had. The vision of the girl and Riley was not my own. Emotions I did not feel were forced in to the vision. Emotions of pain, protection and anger came heavily flooding in to the images.
How did Bella even get these visions? And if she didn't, then who would have sent her them? I knew there was only one person who could help me understand all this. I just wasn't sure if I would be able to get in touch with them. Who knows if they are even still alive.
"What's got you thinking so much? Is it the vision?" Jasper said as he lazily ran his fingers through my short hair. I only managed a small hum in responce. How could I tell him what was going on when I myself don't even understand it.
The only thing I knew was that the second Bella woke up I would have to talk to her. And it would have to be in private.
"Jasper honey, I think I'm going to go and design some more outfits." I cooed to him as I began to get up.
"But Alice we haven't had any real time for ourselves since Bella jumped off a cliff and Rosalie jumped to conclusions." I could tell it was bothering him how distant I had been the last few weeks. It hasn't just been since Bella jumped, and we both knew that we just didn't want to acknowledge how distant we had been growing.
Maybe some time away with Jasper could both mend our relationship and help me to clear my head and think on what I was going to do.
"How about we go to that cottage Esme designed a couple of decades ago? The one up in the mountains next to the lake?" The hopeful gleam in his eyes were answer enough. "You should go tell Esme and Carlisle. They're hunting somewhere near by."
He gave me a cheeky smile.
"I may be a while then. I'm craving some wild deer or maybe some owl. Or maybe even-" I cut him off with a small, sweet kiss.
"Go and hunt. I'm gonna talk with Rosalie before we leave."
He sent me a final wink before running to the bedroom window and jumping out. He was so graceful and silent that I didn't even hear him hit the ground, and I'm a vampire with hightened senses. Those animals didn't stand a chance against my Jasper.

***

I had spoken with Rosalie about an hour ago. Her replies were short and muffled from under the body of Esme's car. Who knew what she was doing down there.
Jasper was getting closer to the house, I could practically feel his excitement from a mile away.
3...2...1!
With a giant leap, I free falled through the air and was whirled up in to his awaiting arms. And just like that, we were running to northern Alaska. Heading to our dream destination.
It didn't take us long to get there, even with Jasper carrying me and stopping for a quick hunt here and there. The little cottage Esme has designed in the 1950's stood still as quaint and charming as ever.
Honey suckle grew amonst the vines which climbed their way up to the small chimney atop the tiled roof. The small garden was filled eith neatly trimmed emerald green grass, vibrant flowers adorned with bees and butterflies, tiny statues of beautiful animals sat gracefully here, there and every where. My favourite was the beautiful black bunny whose eyes practically gleemed with delight and mischief as though he were real.
I think that's one of the reasons I like it here so much. Everything is so real and gorgeous. It's as though you had stepped right in to a peaceful fairy tale. A place were you could run to and be blinded with the beauty and never want to leave.
"Come on Babe, let's go inside." Jasper's voice sounded husky and rough. It sent shivers down my spine.
With out a second of hesitation, we were inside and probably wouldn't be out side for quite some time.

*Rosalie's POV*

By now, I had finished fixing Esme's car. The brake pads had worn away which meant every time she braked, instead of there being rubber to cause friction, it would just be metal grinding down on metal which is dangerous. It was an easy fix but I went around the whole car to make sure that every thing else was fine.
I tweaked a few things and left others and by then it had been around an hour and a half.
I knew Bella would be fast asleep and so I didn't see the harm of going up and lying down with her. She wouldn't know until morning and when she wakes up in my arms, I'm sure she won't be angry any more. I mean, who can stay angry at me? No one.
I ran upstairs and stopped just out side the door. I didn't want to cause a cool draft when she is asleep. Gently, I opened the door and slipped in side. She looked beautiful. Her hair was a mess yet her features were calm and relaxed. Every so often, her little nose would twitch or she would scrunch up her eyes tighter. She was so cute.
In a way, it made me think of how much I would miss this. How much I would miss her being human.
Ever since the day I met Bella I knew she was special. I knew that some how she would make a huge difference to our family. I just never thought she would be my mate. I also never thought that she would become a vampire and join our family. And yet here she is.
Only a few more weeks and Bella will be a vampire. She will be so strong. So graceful. And even more beautiful. And she would be mine.
Only mine.

A:/N Hey guys and happy New Year. First update of 2018.