11

Every Rose Has Its Thorns~11
Word count: 370

Rosalie's POV
Here I stood, my cold dead heart aching with a feeling so strong and fierce that I almost-almost- believed it to be beating again. Beating for her. The girl I could never have. And here I was, head and heart alike filled with a pain so foreign that the only way to end it all and join Bella, would be to go to them. The ones who can stop it all.
Alice's vision could not have been a lie. You never bet against Alice. And yet here I was, staring out at the Brazillian sea, hoping against hope and daring Alice to have been wrong. I needed her to be wrong. But I could stall no longer.
The only way to truly be with my soul mate, would be to join her in the life after death. Something that has been long over due. I needed her. And at the time she needed me most, I had failed her. I had failed her too many times and now this was my punishment. My beloved was no more. And I should be, no more.
I made my way, to the Volturi.

****
"Rosalie Hale. What brings you here, to Voltera?" Aro quizzed, an almost sadistic gleam in his eyes. I wasn't here to play games. I no longer wanted to be here. And that's all he needed to know.
He stepped forward, his papery right hand held out, a look of what I assume he thought was reassurance plastered on his sickly pale and withered face. I placed my hand atop of his. Now he would know. He would know of my pain, of my loss and of the heart ache I can't bare to 'live' with. He would see it. He would feel it. And he would know the answer to his question.
"Ah, I see."
"What...is it...Aro?" Ciaus gasped out, his face contorting in pain from having to move.
"The Cullen wishes to die. For her love for a human is too strong and she can't bare that said human is...dead." he whispered back. His eyes searched mine as his hand held tighter to mine.