16

Every Rose Has Its Thorns ~ 16

Word count: 895

*Aro's POV*

Her skin was warm and thrumming with life. Her veins were filled with blood of an intoxicating sent. I could barely contain myself. It was clear why the Cullen Coven has such an infatuation with the young mortal. Her scent. It was driving me insane.
As our hands held one another, I was able to see almost every thing - then it stopped. It hadnt worked. All I had seen was the scene that has just happened. All I saw was out hands making contact before the visions stopped. By the way it felt, it was as though there was a barrier. Some form of block or wall that she had which stopped me from viewing her mind.
"Interesting. And how does Edward read your thoughts Bella?" I asked. She looked confused and unsure of what to say.
"Well, um. He doesn't. He said that he can't." Her left eye twitched slightly as she took a small, shaky breathe. Her right hand held on to Alice's left one a bit tighter than before and Rosalie locked her arms around her waist, no longer just holding her. She was getting ready to move little Bella behind her.
"Relax dear Cullens. I won't hurt her. But I would like to give you a preposition. Allow Jane to try her gift on Bella and we can forget this whole ordeal." It took all my millenias of practicing the art of schooling my features to not allow the sly grin from spreading across my face. This was fun. Most fun I've had since the vampire wars in Texas with Jasper and those gashtly women.
"No. No way is the devil's reincarnation going to harm my mate." The young blonde growled. Oh this is fun.
"Rosalie. Calm down. Maybe we should think about this for a moment. Don't make a rash choice dear sister." Ahhh Alice always was the smarter of the Cullen daughters. She thought through almost everything. Whereas Rosalie, well she was a little bit more, what's the word? Ah yes, hard headed. Although I couldn't blame her. I personally have never felt the wrath of Jane's gift and I shall never have to because I am her master. But that also means that I am aware of the extent of damage her power can do.
"Alice there is nothing to think about. I will not let that she-demon near Bella. I re-" with a single nod of my head, Jane set her gift on Rosalie. Pain crashed through her head and every inch of her body. She crumbled to the floor, a mass of quivering, thrashing limbs and a mob of blonde hair being shook all over the marble floors.
"Stop! Stop it! Can't you see your hurting her! Stop it! So it to me just please stop!" Bella cried as she held on to Rosalie as tightly as possible. Finally, some real co-operation. I held my hand up then nodded towards Bella. Time to see the extent of Bella's blockade.
She flinched, anticipating the pain as Alice scooped Rosalie up off the floor. Jane's eyes focused solely on Bella.
For a moment, neither moved. Bella's eyes were screwed up, waiting for the crippling pain to take hold of her frail meek mortal body. And yet, nothing happened.
No falling to the floor. No writhing in pain. Nothing. Marcus, the boring old sod, moved forward slightly in anticipation. And still nothing happened.
Rosalie stood - having regained her strength - and held on to Bella as if her 'life' depended on it. In some cases, it may.
"Aro. The girl can not live. She must die." He said. Ah, my brother. Ever the optimistic one.
"She would make an excellent vampire. She's almost, immune to the gifts of others. She could become quite an accessory to our coven." This time, I did not prevent the sinister smile from crinkling my old, leathery face.
"If I am going to be a vampire, I would never join your coven. I belong with the Cullens'. I belong with Rose." Her voice filled with venom and spite. Jane was right. She is a feisty one.
"We shall see Isabella Swan, we shall see."
And with one final wave of my hand, I dismissed the young vampires and the human. But I doubt it would be the last time we have to have a council with them.
The human could be an issue.
"And Alice, you have four months. Then we will come and make sure the girl is a vampire. If she is not. Well I'm sure you're aware of what happens to humans who know ot out existence."

A:/N hey guys! I made this chapter longer then some of the others because of how well this is doing and how motivated I am feeling. At the start of the day, it was 1.14K and now it's almost 1.2K and I know it may not seem much for other authors, but this amount of views are just insane to me and I am so grateful for each and every one of you guys reading this. Thank you and I hope you enjoy the rest of the book! I was originally just gonna upload this on Monday but I managed to finish it so I thought that I would update earlier.