10

Every Rose Has Its Thorns~10
Word count: 1194

That night after a raging Jessica dropped me off home, I refused any food and refused to talk about what had happened. Charlie had seen the look of fury on Jessica's face and the look of disappointment and possibly even hurt on mine and decided to just let me be and to work it out on my own.
    All night all I could think about was how close she was. How easily it would have been to reach out and touch her. But she was never there. And she never will be again. And it hurt. It hurt more than when she left.
    The only thing I could think of to ease the pain was either Jacob or Alice. And being as though I will never see Alice again, I opted for the latter and rang Jake.
Ring...Ring...rin-

Hey Jake! Wanna hang out today?

Missing me again Bells?

When aren't I?

    Holding back a laugh, we continued our friendly banter before agreeing on a time and place to meet up.

                              ***

     "Bella, I really really don't think it's a good idea to, you know, go over there. They know what they are doing. There's no need to get involved." Jacob said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me closer to him and away from Sam Uley and his 'gang'. Embrey had joined him and his goons...but I'm pretty sure he never signed up to be thrown off a cliff and in to the freezing cold sea. This is the second time they have just thrown some one in to the water.
    "Jacob what they are doing isn't good ya know!" I said, ripping my arm from his grasp.
    "I know. But it's not alllllll bad Bells. They do it for the adrenalin. It's a huge rush for 'thrill seekers'. They do it all the time." He stated with a small shrug of his shoulders.
    "Really?" I asked.

*5 minutes later*

    "Bella no! The water down there is freezing! You could get ill! Or worse! You could jump wrong and die!" Jacob yelled.
    I couldn't care though. What ever it was he was saying, he could say to me after I jump. A rush? Adrenalin? That's exactly what a need. Danger? That just gives me all the more reasons why to jump. I need to see Rosalie again. And this is the way to do it. I'm sure of it.
    Deep breathes Bella. In and out. In and out. In and out.
    I take a quick glance down at the water. It was dark and brooding. The sea swells almost mockingly against the rocks, as if daring me to jump in to its deathly abode. The sky has turned a dark grey, with only blackness in the horizon. The beach was deserted, not even a stray piece of beach wood lay strewn atop the sand. Nothing.
    One final look towards Jacob, one final look out to the forest, searching for something. But not finding it. And one last final breathe in. And I jumped.

    The sea was as cold as ice. As dark as a starless sky. As daunting as the night. As deserted of life as the desert.
    No light glimmered through the murky surface of the sea. No fish swan around in their schools, and nothing seemed as isolating as that moment. The moment of uncertainty. The moment of fear of the unknown.
    But nothing was better than the moment where Rosalie appeared. She was right in front of me. As clear as a spring morning. And as beautiful as a goddess.
    My head became dizzy, and my mind became fuzzy. All I could see, all I could feel, was her. She was here with me.

"Bella, oh Bella. I never knew you were who you are. I never thought you could mean so much to me. I always thought you were Edward's mate. But now I know.
And now, my sweet sweet Bella, I have to leave. And you have to get out the water. It's not safe. But I hope one day I can make you safe..."

    Hot air hit my face, washing over me as some thing continuously pressed down on my chest. Down then gone. Down then gone. Down then gone.
    My eyes shot open as my chest heaved up and down of its own acord. Large gulps of air rushed in to my lungs as I coughed up more and more water. Not once had I realised I had been drowning.
    "BELLA! I thought you were dead! HOW COULD YOU BE SO STUPID! You're so lucky I don't tell Charlie. Because I could you know. He would never let you out the house though if that was the case. And we can't have that because then I wouldn't get to see you....." Jake rambled on. I had never seen him so worried.
    I pushed myself up to a sitting position and wrapped my arms around his waist. "You're rambling." He smiled shippishly towards me.
    "I'm glad you're alive Bells." He said as he reiterated the hug. "Let's get you back to your house. You need to get warm. Plus, Charlie is at mine, and I'm pretty sure him and my dad are going camping...I know. Weird." He laughed once he saw my face.
    "Yeah good idea. But why camping?" And with that, we were grinning all the way back to my truck.
    I flicked the radio on and 'Don't Say You Love Me' came on. I turned the volume on loud and pretended to be in one of those dad movies where the main character looks out the window.

Don't say you love me
When you don't call
Don't say you're hurting
With out the scars
Don't promise me tonight with out tomorrow too
Don't say you love me
Unless you do
    "No. This is too depressing for right now. Let's lighten the mood a little." Jacob said as he turned it over.

I need somebody with some patience
Cause you know I got a temperament
And yeah you got a reputation
Nothing that a little love can't fix
There ain't no kinda situation
Where i wouldn't cross the line for you

When push come to shove
You show me love
When push come to shove aye

    Just as the chorus for 'Down' came on, Jacob turned the volume up even more and began to ring his heart out.
   We pulled up outside the house, and a sleek yellow Porsche. It was too rich of a car to be any one I knew. Unless...
    I ran as fast as humanly possible and practically barged in to the house. The lights were out but I could clearly make out the small out line of a figure pacing in the living room. Just as I entered, they turned around.
    "Alice?"

A/:N hey guys. Sooooo the Vampires are finally coming back! Woop! Thank you for reading this story so far. Also yes, I did drop quite a lot of fifth Harmony references.😉you should go check out their new Album. It's awesome☺
Ps my Twitter is LJhxnshxll hehe.