19

Every Rose Has Its Thorns ~ 19

Word count: 1327

*Bella's POV*
Edward was here. He was really here. Noticing my silence and my statue like state, all eyes then proceeded to turn to Edward.
"Um hi Bella Love?" He said with a sheepish, guilty look.
"Love? You don't have the right to call her love. You left her. She's over you. And she with me now." Rosalie fumed. I ignored Rosalie's statement. Even though I should have corrected her, I didn't.
"You. Are. Together?" He snarled, his pale hands clenching in to tight fists. I had never seen him act like this. Jacob snarled, Rosalie growled, the Cullens hissed as the other wolves braced theirselves.
"Get. Over. It" I sassed back. He was getting on my nerves, no doubt about it. "YOU are the one that left ME. Not the other way around. It's YOUR fault I don't love you anymore. YOU left. YOU were the one who took EVERYONE from me. IT'S ALWAYS BEEN YOU CAUSING PROBLEMS. So yeah. Who cares if I'm with Rosalie or not. Because you shouldn't." After those words left my mouth, he charged. But not at me, but at Rosalie. Once again all hell broke loose and there was no way I was even going to try to stop them. He was gonna get what he deserved.
The Cullen's half defended him and half attacked him at the start. Family law I guess. But then they all turned on him. But only Rosalie and Jacob stepped forward to fight him.
Edward launched himself at Rosalie, but she easily grabbed his neck and flung him towards the tree. Jacob didn't waste anytime in stepping forward and slashing across his chest. Edward took hold of Jake's neck and twisted the fur. He sent him flying backwards at least 10 metres.
Rose then flew forward and tore at Edward's arms...literally. One of them flew passed my head. The worst part, it started crawling back to him. Jasper stepped up and picked the arm up and just let it hang beside him. It was all too much. Even thought there wasn't any blood, I still felt faint. Alice and Esme came over and held my hands.
"I think we should take Bella inside." Esme whispered as a random finger soared through the air. I don't even know whose finger it was. Could have be any ones.
"Yeah we should." Alice agreed louder as Jacob howled in agony.

***

The fighting finally stopped after 2 hours. Which I guess wasn't much time for either sides. Rosalie limped in,  cradelling her hand. Must have been her finger that came flying at our faces.
Jacob was carried in by Sam and Seth while Leah just stood at the door. She really didn't like vampires. Or me for that matter.
Edward then came in, trying to lean on Emmett for support, but Emmett just stepped to the side causing Edward to fall flat on his face. Leah let out a tiny, almost inaudible laugh. I too sniggered which caused him to send a death glare in both of our directions.
"Bella. You can't be serious about this. You said you loved me..." His hard cold eyes softened only a slight bit but I wasn't fooled by his act.
"And you said you would never leave me." I retorted.
"Ooohhhhh" Emmett said while being elbowed by Jasper and earning the pair of them a stern raise of the brow from Esme.
"You said I was the only one you would ever love." His voice broke slightly.
"And you said you would never do anything to hurt me. And you did. I guess we are even." I fought hard to stop the forming tears from rolling down my cheek. I lost. One small, salty tear races down my face and fell helplessly to the carpeted ground.
Rosalie came over and placed her now healed hand round my waist. It wasn't as much comfort as I was used to, but just being with her was enough for me. And it always will be. But at the same time, I felt bad for Edward.
I know in middle school when my boyfriend broke up with me for some one else, it hurt a bit.
Obviously it's different now, but the pain is still the same. "Edward. I'm sorry. I really am. But can't you at least try to be happy for me and Rosalie?"
His growl shook the house. "If I can't have you, then no one can." Just as he was about to hit Rosalie in the face, I stepped forward. His fist collided with my face. The pain was almost too much. I could feel my jaw breaking and my cheek bleeding. My lips had already swelled up and they too were bleeding. Jasper quickly fled the room. Alice too. Sam, Seth, Leah and Jake all crowded around me, separating me from Rose. But also me from Edward. I pushed through them, stood face to face with Edward and slapped him harder then I ever slapped any one before. My hand stung and throbbed from the connection.
Carlisle pulled me away as Ed was escorted else where by Esme. Carlisle sighed a deep, heartfelt sigh and set about fixing me up.
"I'm sorry Carlisle. I couldn't let him hurt Rosalie. And I'm sorry for slapping him." His golden eyes shone with pain, pride and sadness. A strange mix of emotions I had never seen him display at once.
"Don't apologize for protecting your mate. I must apologize for my son's behaviour. You know he really did love you Bella. With all his unbeating heart. He's just upset and hurt. He - we all thought the two of you were mates until we left and we saw how badly it affecting both Rosalie and Edward. Then, as you could probably guess, we were confused. At first we thought that maybe they both were your mates. That was until Edward got over you and stayed with out Cousins in Alaska. Then we knew you and Rosalie were destined for each other. We were planning on coming back to Forks when you...when you jumped off the cliff. And you know the rest from there onwards." As he spoke, his eyes became even more sad. Yet all the whole he dabbed my face with the cotton wool and bandaged me up. I knew how much it hurt him to see Edward have to go against both the rest of his family, and some of the wolves from Jacob's pack.
"Do you think anything can ever go back to how it used to be? Edward happy for us and playing his music. Emmett complaning about how every one else cheats on the Xbox. Jasper curled up in a corner reading a book or magazine. You working at the hospital saving people. Esme cooking her amazing food and designing the most beautiful houses. Alice playing chess or holding on to Jasper while reading over his shoulder. Rosalie fixing and tinkering with cars. And me. Me being a part of your amazingly unique family. So you think it could ever go back to being like that?" The thought of how things used to be brought tears to my eyes.
I had ruined there perfect lives. I had brought wolves. I had brought dark, twisted vampires. I had brought pain and heart break. I had even almost driven Rosalie to suicide.
"I believe that one day, far in the future, everything will fall perfectly back in to place. And you will be part of our family Bella. You already are a part of our family. We sure love you like family." He smiled and have me a small, reasuring hug while lifting me off the table which he had me sit on to check my bruised, bloody cheek.
"One day Bella. One day everyone will be happy again." He then left the room.

A:/N Merry Christmas Eve Eve