13

Every Rose Has Its Thorns ~ 13

Word count: 932

The airplane ride was quiet. Or at least for me it was. Alice had been in the phone to so many different people that I only managed to make out a few conversations.
"Carlisle I HAD to! We can't let Rose go through with this!"
"Yes I know! I know the risks but she's my sister. You're my only family that I ever think I had. I can't let her do this!"
"Edward? Wait! He is angry? Ohhh."
"Well maybe he should have thought of that before running off to tell Rosalie!"
"Its not my fault he left her."

From what I could tell, most id the family were aware of how dangerous this was. But I had a feeling it wasn't because Alice was taking a human to the most powerful vampires, I had a feeling they were worried for her sake. Id seen Alice fight before, she's one of the best fighters I've ever seen, so why are they so worried.
But before I had chance to think on it more, she was back on the phone, but this time I think it was Jasper.
"Yeah, don't worry. I've got this."
"Hey. It's alright. I'm not gonna leave you guys to become old and disheveled like them.
"You know I'll be careful."
"Jasper there's no need for you to do that, I've got this. I promise."
"I love you too."
Just as the call ended, the plane landed. Within seconds I was in my feet and making my way towards the exit. I stood so fast, that Alice had yet to take her seat belt off. We had landed in Italy. But more precisely Voltera.
"Bella, we must hurry. The second that clock in the square strikes 12, Rosalie will reveal her true self to all the mortals. That way the Volturi will have no choice but to...ahem...destroy her."
I looked around. It would take us an age to get to the centre, nevermind getting to Rosalie. "Alice what do we do?! What do we do!?" I could feel my heart about to explode in my chest as my breathing became rapid. She grabbed my hand while grabbing a random local.
"Sorry but I need to commender this vehicle. I'll pay if it gets damaged in the process." I was too concentrated on steadying my breathe that Alice had to physically place me in to the yellow porche and do my seat belt. The second she sat down, her foot was on the gas and we were tearing through the over-crowded streets.
We had managed to get near the main square when police lined the streets, pulling over every single car. We wouldn't make it in time. I had to run. "Alice..."
"Go Bella, I'll be fine. Just save Rosalie. Please." Her once strong voice broke towards the end, and with out looking back, I began to sprint the hardest I had ever sprinted in my life. There were only two words racing through my mind at this point. Save her. And i would. She'd saved me so many times and it's finally time I repayed her.
Glancing at the clock on the tower, I realised I had about fifteen seconds at the most. I was only just entering the square and I could make out the faint silhouette of what could only be Rosalie. Surely I would make it if I went round.
Slap bang in the middle of all the chaos of celebrations, was a tall, majestic water fountain. Had I had time, I most likely would have stopped to admire it's beauty longer, but there was another beauty I wished to see more.
With out hesitation, I began to push and shove my way through the crowd. Not the most elegant rescue plan I had ever concocted but if it worked then it worked, am I right?
Reaching the edge of the fountain, I clumsily jumped over the fountains ledge, only just managing not to face plant and began to continue my hopeless charge in the direction of my love.

Ten seconds.

I wasn't going to make it. I jumped out the fountain, water streaming off my legs.

Five seconds.

The arch way was I sight. I could clearly make her out more clearly.

Four seconds.

My heart was in my throat as I barrelled fowards at a speed I didn't think was possible.

Three seconds.

As I glanced at the clock, I tripped over nothing, costing time.

One second.

I didn't make it. The clock struck twelve and Rose began to step forward in to the light.
I didn't care if i fell. I didn't care if i made a fool of myself. And I certainly didn't care if she pushed me away.
Taking A running jump, I literally threw myself at her, but luckily she had fast reactions.
Her stone cold arms wrapped protectively round my waist as her golden eyes stared in to mine. Rosalie was even more beautiful then my mind had remembered. Her smooth, blonde hair shone in the light and her ivory skin had a faint sparkle to it. I gently pushed her back, stopping the sun from reflecting off her flawless self.
"Bella?" Her soft, velvet voice spoke as she raised her hand to cradle my face. "What? How? You're??? You?" She stuttered. Id never heard her stutter before. Just as I was trying to stand in order to see her better, I fell forwards, so grateful she caught me...again.
"I think I just fell for you."