Preface

"Warning! Important message from the CDC!! Everyone stay indoors and in the safety of your home! Do not leave. There has been a terrible virus that is spreading around rapidly! Keep pets in doors as well. We will keep you updated daily on the reports!"

          My parents give each other a look as we watch the news. A look of worry that I have seen them give each other before when something bad happened. The same look they gave me when my first pet was getting sick before his death. It's a look that makes me feel just as worried. My thoughts are interrupted as my phone starts buzzing and dinging. My best friend Natalie's name appears on my screen, notifying me that she sent a message. I unlock my phone to check it.

Hey Soph, Have you seen the news??? This is crazy, apparently it's way worse than the flu.... and even more deadly. Hope you stay safe! I send a quick reply.

Yes, kind of scary tbh and you too!

After sending it I look back towards the news as they ramble cautions and hospital reports. Even school is being canceled and social events around town due to the fast spreading of the virus. There has never been anything that serious around here. My parents give that same look and shake their head before turning the channel. They tend to pretend that everything is fine when it's not.

                              ***

       Little did I know that the virus so long ago would actually be a complex zombie virus strain. That I would experience a zombie apocalypse.

                             †††††

Thanks for reading! This is a story I wrote a while back but I'm rewriting it. Hope it was good. Please Vote, Comment, and Share!

* Updates may be slow or fast, just depends*